Let's be honest, we all thought it was true.

Very true. In the heyday of WOW, people were hooking up on it. These days League of Legends is where it's at if you want to meet hot nerdy girls, which all you single peoples should IMO as they're usually into really crazy stuff. A vast knowledge of internet humor, video/PC games, anime, and being tech savvy have gotten me more dates than anything else, honestly.

Hell, just last night a very cute girl was kindly helping me multitask while guiding me through a Pokemon battle on her Nintendo 3DS in my car up until a hilariously awkward encounter with SFPD(lol ask me at NJC). Just depends on the kind of girls your looking for I guess, but know that socially adapted nerds often do very well for themselves dating wise.
You're preaching to the choir.

I don't know what you guys are bitching about. Pay them $30 per lap dance and they'll be impressed with whatever you do for a living. ;)
Yeah, but getting it for free is a lot more fun, and touching is allowed/encouraged.

Yeah, but getting it for free is a lot more fun, and touching is allowed/encouraged.
Depends on the person's mood. I can't only nod yes at stupid drivel for so long before I tell them "you're much prettier when you don't talk." That's not a demeaning to women thing, my sister has done it to a few guys who find out she's a big shot corp banking broker who can't spend the money in Vegas as fast as she makes it.

(Thank God I'm married now, I hated people too much to be single)

Depends on the person's mood. I can't only nod yes at stupid drivel for so long before I tell them "you're much prettier when you don't talk." That's not a demeaning to women thing, my sister has done it to a few guys who find out she's a big shot corp banking broker who can't spend the money in Vegas as fast as she makes it.

(Thank God I'm married now, I hated people too much to be single)
Oh yeah, no doubt.

Just from my perspective though, I was pretty awkward around women until my mid-20s (thanks RIDDLE!). Once I got out of my shell and started doing pretty well, I actually started enjoying the chase. Paying for female attention just seems like cheating these days. :) I'm no player (don't want to be), but strip clubs stopped interesting me some time ago.

Oh yeah, no doubt.

Just from my perspective though, I was pretty awkward around women until my mid-20s (thanks RIDDLE!). Once I got out of my shell and started doing pretty well, I actually started enjoying the chase. Paying for it just seems like cheating these days. :) I'm no player (don't want to be), but strip clubs just don't interest me anymore.
They were fun for their purposes, but once you go to a few Tel Aviv clubs everything else is ruined. Plus, for some of us mere mortals, that could get addictive easily. Thankfully I'm too cheap to get addicted to anything expensive.

They were fun for their purposes, but once you go to a few Tel Aviv clubs everything else is ruined. Plus, for some of us mere mortals, that could get addictive easily. Thankfully I'm too cheap to get addicted to anything expensive.
I could be talked into a Tel Aviv club, I think. :D

You're preaching to the choir.
Quoted you for truth earlier, that's all.

Oh yeah, no doubt.

Just from my perspective though, I was pretty awkward around women until my mid-20s (thanks RIDDLE!). Once I got out of my shell and started doing pretty well, I actually started enjoying the chase. Paying for female attention just seems like cheating these days. :) I'm no player (don't want to be), but strip clubs stopped interesting me some time ago.
Agreed. I hate strip clubs, Hooters, all that fake attention. Does nothing for me but make me feel annoyed and awkward. That's why I love raves, half naked girls everywhere who actually want to talk to you.

Yeah, but getting it for free is a lot more fun

i-dont-pay-them-for-sex-i-pay-them-to-leave.jpg

and touching is allowed/encouraged.

Dude, I need to take you to some better establishments if you're not used to be allowed/encouraged to touch. :)

That's a lot of places in the states unfortunately. Puritans ATN, you're suppose to be a good little puritan. Look but don't touch... touch but don't taste...
devil_al_pacino.gif

Yeah, that's the way it is in Atlanta. Really sucks. Lots of good places in the country, though. Detroit, south Florida, Indianapolis of all places.

Okay, that's enough of me exposing my inner pervert to the forum for tonight. :)

Very true. In the heyday of WOW, people were hooking up on it. These days League of Legends is where it's at if you want to meet hot nerdy girls, which all you single peoples should IMO as they're usually into really crazy stuff. A vast knowledge of internet humor, video/PC games, anime, and being tech savvy have gotten me more dates than anything else, honestly.

Hell, just last night a very cute girl was kindly helping me multitask while guiding me through a Pokemon battle on her Nintendo 3DS in my car up until a hilariously awkward encounter with SFPD(lol ask me at NJC). Just depends on the kind of girls your looking for I guess, but know that socially adapted nerds often do very well for themselves dating wise.

You, jaded Mr. Foreflight on a Bay Tour? :)
Ah man, people have been hooking up in MMOs for ages. Way back in my days playing Asheron's Call I knew people who met in game and got into a serious relationship.

Ok just so I am clear, the bleakest prospects of getting laid, computer programmers, pilots, or WoW players?

I find that it is mainly children and middle aged men who are interested in what I do. My wife literally doesn't know what airplane I fly or anything about my job. She also said on our home loan app (filled out while I was on deployment and unable to help) that I had been in my job for only 4 years which was a good indicator of her knowledge of my career.....or maybe how quickly things have seemed to go by. That said, I know she works with autistic kids and that is it. Suffice to say that we don't talk much shop at home :)

Last edited:
I find that it is mainly children and middle aged men who are interested in what I do. My wife literally doesn't know what airplane I fly or anything about my job. She also said on our home loan app (filled out while I was on deployment and unable to help) that I had been in my job for only 4 years which was a good indicator of her knowledge of my career.....or maybe how quickly things have seemed to go by. That said, I know she works with autistic kids and that is it. Suffice to say that we don't talk much shop at home :)
Yeah, honestly, I found success with women had more to do with being a fun guy with interesting hobbies and interests than it had to do with flying airplanes. In fact, the constant traveling with my job has undoubtedly done more harm than good in my previous relationships...

Yeah girls, at least the ones worth being around, don't care in my experience. The only thing she thinks is cool about it is that I could one day fly her around. Which has not happened in 13 years of flying or 6 years of marriage and 16 years of dating. Granted she would be my first passenger ever but I'm not there yet :) Seriously though, you are right......if you can't make a girl laugh and enjoy her time then it doesn't matter what your profession is

Yeah girls, at least the ones worth being around, don't care in my experience. The only thing she thinks is cool about it is that I could one day fly her around. Which has not happened in 13 years of flying or 6 years of marriage and 16 years of dating. Granted she would be my first passenger ever but I'm not there yet :)
Interesting...I have so many people always begging to go flying with me that the only time I'm not splitting rental fees at least 3 ways is when I bring a date flying. I haven't flown without a passenger other than a night currency flight or two since 2010. Just about any of my friends and the majority of girls I know would think you're a total badass with your gig, guess it just depends on who you know.

Back