Let's be honest, we all thought it was true.

@Nark also, I know it's popular myth computer geeks or WOW playing nerds don't get laid but that's a pretty far cry from reality.

Oh, God, they breed like bunnies. Let me pull up a rocking chair and tell you a few stories about the IRC in the mid-90s...

The problem is, while Nerds do tend to get down at least as much as everyone else, the uhm "weighted average" (so to speak) is somewhere around a 5. Tons.

Don't argue with me, you know it's true. No doubt we're all exceptions, but the fact remains.

Oh, God, they breed like bunnies. Let me pull up a rocking chair and tell you a few stories about the IRC in the mid-90s...

The problem is, while Nerds do tend to get down at least as much as everyone else, the uhm "weighted average" (so to speak) is somewhere around a 5. Tons.

Don't argue with me, you know it's true. No doubt we're all exceptions, but the fact remains.
Lol, IRC and BBS's hu? What? You think you're dating me son? They've got my name written in blood on Planets, Flame Wall, Legend of the Red Dragon.

Yes the weighted average was a bit more than the 19 year old coed nubiles from the volley ball team. My bud on the Maine Bears (lead pitcher) had a choice over a number of Beemers up in Bangor. BMW? You don't get the reference? Big Maine Women. Yeah you probably ride more scooters than average in the IRC world, however, you can't do a threepeat in DAB without driving a scooter or two. There are some good looking ones too, but they are a little like parking spaces (I can explain if you need a ref #).

I suppose that I should be grateful that I understood no more than around 25% of that. I'm what you might call a hobbyist...a dabbler, if you will. I dip my toes in the deadly serious Nerd World from time to time, but I do not stay. That's freakin Bat-Country, man. Only the Stronk survive!

I suppose that I should be grateful that I understood no more than around 25% of that. I'm what you might call a hobbyist...a dabbler, if you will. I dip my toes in the deadly serious Nerd World from time to time, but I do not stay. That's freakin Bat-Country, man. Only the Stronk survive!
The parking spaces reference was "the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped."

There, now you're up to 28%.

TBH, probably more like 48%. God between me and Evil.
Alright, so I'm hoping after the txt you get the scooter reference, and I'm hoping you understand threepeat. The lame BBS game references I'll let go. Needless to say I was awesome.

Also (because I'm too lazy to do this on phone)
54891659.jpg

One false move. ONE. And you're deader than disco. It could be anything from a rollover accident to suffocation to a very, VERY large man with a shotgun. But out there, somewhere, some nameless Nerds are getting it done. No parades, no fanfare, just a deadly serious business, night after thankless night. But they're not doing it for the recognition, no. In fact I rather think they'd prefer not to be recognized. They're doing it for the LOVE.

One false move. ONE. And you're deader than disco. It could be anything from a rollover accident to suffocation to a very, VERY large man with a shotgun. But out there, somewhere, some nameless Nerds are getting it done. No parades, no fanfare, just a deadly serious business, night after thankless night. But they're not doing it for the recognition, no. In fact I rather think they'd prefer not to be recognized. They're doing it for the LOVE.
Yet no volunteer work goes down on the resume. I tell ya. Thankless thankless work.

@Nark also, I know it's popular myth computer geeks or WOW playing nerds don't get laid but that's a pretty far cry from reality.
Very true. In the heyday of WOW, people were hooking up on it. These days League of Legends is where it's at if you want to meet hot nerdy girls, which all you single peoples should IMO as they're usually into really crazy stuff. A vast knowledge of internet humor, video/PC games, anime, and being tech savvy have gotten me more dates than anything else, honestly.

Hell, just last night a very cute girl was kindly helping me multitask while guiding me through a Pokemon battle on her Nintendo 3DS in my car up until a hilariously awkward encounter with SFPD(lol ask me at NJC). Just depends on the kind of girls your looking for I guess, but know that socially adapted nerds often do very well for themselves dating wise.

Why you gotta call me out like that, bro?!
You, jaded Mr. Foreflight on a Bay Tour? :)

Back