Tuesday Lunch, 10/21/14, The Palm

My company kicked back an expense report for a breakfast at Applebee's for being extravagant...

I really honestly don't understand how accountants who don't travel for business think that you're going to be able to survive on $30/day, two to three meals per day for weeks.

I mean if you're eating like a kindergartener with chips, donuts and McDonalds cheeseburgers, sure. But if you're an adult that hopefully plans on living a long, healthy life, nutritious food (and a decent beer or two) costs loot.

I hate traveling with people out of town that trying something different is going to Arby's since there isn't one in town.....

Eat cheap, have a "too much nacho cheese nap", have expensive healthcare costs.

Eat well, exercise, low healthcare costs.

I really honestly don't understand how accountants who don't travel for business think that you're going to be able to survive on $30/day, two to three meals per day for weeks.

I mean if you're eating like a kindergartener with chips, donuts and McDonalds cheeseburgers, sure. But if you're an adult that hopefully plans on living a long, healthy life, nutritious food (and a decent beer or two) costs loot.

My kindergartener eats tacos.

I'm gonna go ahead and open up my spot to someone else. After reviewing the prices, it's just not something I have in the meager budget this year. My bad for jumping before looking. Hopefully that doesn't make too many waves. If I'm on the hook for some type of penalty, just let me know. :oops::oops:

Okay, we are at 11 now, plus 2 maybes. I'll call today to book a reservation for 14, but adding to that shouldn't be a problem.

@Derg, you have been marked down as being in.

Since only one of you all could follow directions, I am pulling numbers out of my ass and asking for 5 prime ribs if they can do that. The 10 lb Lobster is also highly recommended, but that will be on the menu....

They were out of prime rib in NYC last time I was there and had to "settle" for a Friggin delicious NY Strip...

I'm gonna go ahead and open up my spot to someone else. After reviewing the prices, it's just not something I have in the meager budget this year. My bad for jumping before looking. Hopefully that doesn't make too many waves. If I'm on the hook for some type of penalty, just let me know. :oops::oops:

But 15 dollar cheeseburger.... You're in Vegas, nothing is cheap. Palm IS worth it though.

palm.jpg

The tuna steak is also pretty freaking fantastic, if for some odd reason you don't want a moo steak. @drunkenbeagle I think we're gonna be having our charicatures on the wall in NYC or Vegas by next NJC...

Will advise. I'm actually considering adding a night and coming in the night before, since I have a (bleep) local on Monday.

Back