Tuesday Lunch, 10/21/14, The Palm

Count me in. Trying to decide prime rib or ribeye.
Anyone have the ribeye?

I have it all the time at The Palm. It's very good. But last year I was eating my ribeye while Ed and Russ were eating the prime rib, and I realized that I had made a terrible error. :) That prime rib looked excellent.

Okay, we are at 11 now, plus 2 maybes. I'll call today to book a reservation for 14, but adding to that shouldn't be a problem.

@Derg, you have been marked down as being in.

Since only one of you all could follow directions, I am pulling numbers out of my ass and asking for 5 prime ribs if they can do that. The 10 lb Lobster is also highly recommended, but that will be on the menu....

I've got those in the freezer. Now I'm hungry.

@atnpllot I'll go PR! Anyone confirm they will do one for lunch?

It isn't even on the menu for dinner, but they are generally good about making stuff off the menu if you ask. Calling now and will see what they can do. Will be for 15 now.

drunkenbeagle said:
It isn't even on the menu for dinner, but they are generally good about making stuff off the menu if you ask. Calling now and will see what they can do. Will be for 15 now.
I hope they let you know a price before ordering...

And folks, if this is your first time going to The Palm, check out: http://www.thepalm.com/files/filesPalm/menus/04-14_PALM_DinnerMenu_LV.pdf and bring cash with beverage, tax and tip because you know, if someone shorts the waiter, I don't want to get the "See, told you the stereotype is true" about Arizonans and tipping as he glares at me.

What stereotype were YOU thinking of? :)

Derg said:
And folks, if this is your first time going to The Palm, check out: http://www.thepalm.com/files/filesPalm/menus/04-14_PALM_DinnerMenu_LV.pdf and bring cash with beverage, tax and tip because you know, if someone shorts the waiter, I don't want to get the "See, told you the stereotype is true" about Arizonans and tipping as he glares at me. What stereotype were YOU thinking of? :)
I'm not an Arizonan so why would I care. 8)

Just don't let them know I'm from OHIO

What was it last time? I'm good to pay for quality but I also like to know what I'm getting into. 8)

Anyone have the bisque?

Everything on the menu is good. I highly recommend the Hearts of Palm salad (not on the menu), the creamed spinach is killer as well. The Bag of Warm Doughnuts is a fantastic desert.

Prime rib is probably about $60, as are most of the steaks. That isn't a bad deal for 2+ lbs of Prime beef though, food cost is probably about 70% of the cost for most of the steaks there.

drunkenbeagle said:
Everything on the menu is good. I highly recommend the Hearts of Palm salad (not on the menu), the creamed spinach is killer as well. The Bag of Warm Doughnuts is a fantastic desert. Prime rib is probably about $60, as are most of the steaks. That isn't a bad deal for 2+ lbs of Prime beef though, food cost is probably about 70% of the cost for most of the steaks there.
Trust me when I say those prices aren't expensive. 8).

Trust me when I say those prices aren't expensive. 8).

I know, but you aren't one of the ones that went from college to a regional that expect a delicious steak to cost nary a cent more than The Sizzler! :)

You have no idea how many times I was foraging for food with the other pilots in a city like Paris and they balked at a 38 Euro prix-fixe menu with wine. You're in Paris… The NYC of France… eating a meal… It's not the ghetto.. It's magic! This ain't McDonalds!

"Welp, I guess I'll see y'all for pickup tomorrow"

Derg said:
I know, but you aren't one of the ones that went from college to a regional that expect a delicious steak to cost nary a cent more than The Sizzler! :) You have no idea how many times I was foraging for food with the other pilots in a city like Paris and they balked at a 38 Euro prix-fixe menu with wine. You're in Paris… The NYC of France… eating a meal… It's not the ghetto.. It's magic! This ain't McDonalds! "Welp, I guess I'll see y'all for pickup tomorrow"
I hate traveling with people out of town that trying something different is going to Arby's since there isn't one in town.....

Count me in. Trying to decide prime rib or ribeye.
Anyone have the ribeye?

I've had about a dozen of them this summer. Perhaps the finest steak I've ever had, anywhere. It was really hard spending 5 months in Manhattan... Went well over my per diem every time. Didn't care at all.

The ribeye is always on the menu, so if I have the chance to get the prime rib, that's what I go with.

The Chicken Parm is also fantastic, and a great deal on the lunch special. Not that you would ever consider that around such fine aged chops.

You have no idea how many times I was foraging for food with the other pilots in a city like Paris and they balked at a 38 Euro prix-fixe menu with wine. You're in Paris… The NYC of France… eating a meal… It's not the ghetto.. It's magic! This ain't McDonalds!

"Welp, I guess I'll see y'all for pickup tomorrow"

My company kicked back an expense report for a breakfast at Applebee's for being extravagant...

I've had about a dozen of them this summer. Perhaps the finest steak I've ever had, anywhere. It was really hard spending 5 months in Manhattan... Went well over my per diem every time. Didn't care at all.

The ribeye is always on the menu, so if I have the chance to get the prime rib, that's what I go with.

The Chicken Parm is also fantastic, and a great deal on the lunch special. Not that you would ever consider that around such fine aged chops.

How in the world do you stay so skinny? There's got to be some heroin involved.

Back