daily pic

Very photogenic day yesterday. Shot the Lufthansa A380 departure at SFO, took some shots at SQL, then took a very good friend on a Bay Tour for her birthday. SFO isn't allowing surface transitions with the construction most of the time, even if you call the tower and say please. But they did suggest that I do an OAK transition, which I've never done to get to SF, so I did. It was amazing. Great timing too with the Norwegian Air Shuttle 787 taking off right along side me! Here are my favorites from yesterday:

Lufthansa A380 rotates for FRA while the Air France A380 closes up for CDG. That tower on the terminal is my office, talk about living close to work, right? It's fun to watch my coworkers mess up when I'm off.

Doing the Shoreline departure today! Awesome!

A crow leaves its perch as the Lufthansa A380 turns and burns behind it.

King Air departing San Carlos on a windy day. Watching him takeoff, I knew it was going to be a fun landing when I got back.

Southwest terminal at OAK. It's really hard to take pictures there due to the location and lighting, so I'm always stoked when I have my camera and end up flying over. This is the newest terminal at OAK, the arm on the right was extended out a few years ago.

Hell yeah! They had us fly over the 30 numbers and intercept the freeway from there while this dude was holding short. He was lit perfecty. I did my best to whip around a steep turn and get a shot over my friend, but he took the runway. Still, this was awesome to fly along side it the whole takeoff roll! I didn't plan this, so I was stoked.

Not fog, but haze. The Dreamliner climbs out to Oslo, Norway over San Francisco. Amazing view. I switched to a manual shudder speed for this shot, and forgot about it. So the rest of the shots came out really dark and all I could do was try and save them, so sorry about how crappy and grainy they are.

FedEx MD-10 climbing away from OAK with an East-bound turn.

The Sutro Tower and Twin Peaks with Southern San Francisco, Daly City, and San Bruno Mountain in the background.

Cliffs in the San Francisco Sunset District and the beach below. I'm used to flying over higher than this, I was surprised when I got a handoff to SFO's departure corridor and they had me dive under the Bravo. That was fun.

British Airways 747 departs SFO for LHR as BA286.

10383106_10152945705904062_925061118890615772_n.jpg

Not bad for 1.1 hours. And look at that smile on her face, she had it the whole flight. That's what it's all about really, take friends everytime I fly and every flight is special. Plus, chick's dig flying. What they don't dig is people who don't have a life outside of it, be well rounded and the pilot thing is hawt yo!

Last edited:
It may be cool, or someone just being stupid. You never know.

Sometimes one of the same, but a cool story might be blending the lines of a good story. Basically if he doesn't start with "No $!@@, there I was..." and spits his a string of chaw out, I don't want to hear it. :D

I do also, realize my stereotypical and prejudicial to Alaskan flying; all in jest. It looks like a blast.

Back