How is a Pilot "Professional"?

I don't carry back packs or wear ear buds, no reason in particular, and ways try to keep shaved and uniform lookn good (mostly fo da ladies),, but if pilots were paid and treated like they should be they just might carry a little more self respect and we wouldn't need to have these silly little threads.

No man, if I want to rock my Ed Hardy and Ice Hot Stunnaz on my forehead, I'm going to do it! WOOT!

I must be getting old derg. I had to google ice hot stunnaz. This is the website I found:

http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop/audio/

Think they'd let us joing derg?

I'm ordering my Durag off of Amazon as we speak!

These are "stunners":

il_340x270.531197334_eaw6.jpg

Well, one type. Basically bedazzled glasses

I love all the "backpack butthurt." Almost as good are the backpack rules; okay clipped to roll-a-board, verboten on over the shoulder...

I usually bring a backpack. I wear it on my shoulder. (Hopefully there enough AEDs to cover the coronary events caused by the revelation.) My computer bag rides on my roller bag.

Oh, I also wear a NorthFace jacket!

I work for a corporate department; the jackets have the company logo.don't worry about the backpack. My boss told us he's switching from a briefcase to a backpack because it's much better. He's 62 and worth millions. I guess I'll just have to deal with the condemnation of the backpack mafia...

I think the important part is it's not a matter of fact we think as individuals, it's a matter of your expectations as an employee of your company.

I think truck-nuts look ridiculous. If you have them on your pickup, good for you, but if asked, they look ridiculous.

It's the internet, we discuss things. We're mostly type A's so we have opinions. We're mostly men so we like to battle and then drink grog out of big wooden cups like pirates.

I'm old, my back hurts and I carry minimum. People that carry all these things for all types of continengies that they have to carry around a big backpack full of fruit tape, comic books and stabbable Capri suns should put them in a big Louis Vuitton purse and do it up right.

:)

There's a guy here who, no chit, has 5 bags. One normal bag, two bags for each of his bicycle tires. One for his bicycle frame, and a lunch box. He looks like a homeless guy walking around the airport. The best part, he commutes. Weekly he subjects other pax to his contraption, and lugs it all around the country. He commutes in company. No OAL would tolerate it.

There's a guy here who, no chit, has 5 bags. One normal bag, two bags for each of his bicycle tires. One for his bicycle frame, and a lunch box. He looks like a homeless guy walking around the airport. The best part, he commutes. Weekly he subjects other pax to his contraption, and lugs it all around the country. He commutes in company. No OAL would tolerate it.
Gotta admire the dedication.

ATN_Pilot said:
Same here, and I'm at least ten years your junior. And it's not just aviation, either. I go into court all the time for evictions and see people there wearing jeans and t-shirts. Both landlords and tenants showing up looking like they just rolled out of bed. We don't even have respect for a court of law now? Is nothing sacred? Damn whippersnappers!

You live in the Republican redneck south...really? You expected anything BUT jeans and t-shirts in Superior Court?

Come on now.

You live in the Republican redneck south...really? You expected anything BUT jeans and t-shirts in Superior Court?

Come on now.

Magistrate court, actually. But yeah, I did expect better at least from the real estate professionals. I'm about the only guy who shows up in a jacket, other than the attorneys. It's just sad. When the officers have to go around the courtroom kicking out the guys wearing pimp hats and bedazzled glasses, something is very wrong with America.

Back