Commercial checkride

Did Bill get his CFI?? I knew he was working on it, but I didn't realize he was going for his ride so soon!

The sim training is going pretty well so far, it's just really, really sensitive. I've only had one lesson so far, and I think I'm going to delay it just a bit until I can get the written out of the way.

It's in an office at Jet Center South, by the way...

I'm not sure if he passed or not. I've been meaning to call him, but I've been sick all week so I haven't gotten around to it.

Every sim I've flown has been a biotch to fly. They've all been super sensitive. I'm more game for the going up and doing approaches without the hood in VMC first, just because when you see it, sometimes it helps to make more sense. Later on though, when you do sim sessions, closer to checkride time, they'll really help. Helps keep you on top of the game big time, or at least it did me. Good luck with it!!

It does say "10 hours of solo flight in a single-engine airplane" in 61.129 (a)(4. I am struggling to find a definition of solo flight. I know its sole manipulator of controls, so I don't see where there is a problem if someone rides along.
solo means you are in the plane by yourself (sole occupant)

Back