Moving on, mixed emotions.....

Baronpilot244

Killick Stoker
Flew my last trip for my current employer today and parked the trusty old King Air in the hangar. My next gig is on the Beechjet as Captain, 50% Pt 135 and the rest 91. Just finished filling out the HR paperwork.
I was sad to climb out of the 90 for the last time, but I'm tremendously excited about the new challenge ahead.
The airplane will be based in OKC so I'm looking forward to meeting up with JC'rs out there.

Bp244

"Ice, papers, GPU, top the mains, and 150 in the trunk". Learn it, live it! Also: prepare yourself for the ramp rats to scatter like tumbleweeds when you taxi up.

Oh, and: "I'm sorry folks, it'll cool off once we get to cruising altitude..."

AND congrats. She's a bit of a pig by jeeeetttttt standards, and stopping her is like getting between any other fat chick and a buffet, but other than that, she's a pretty solid ship.

PS. Plus she'll beat a Citation (with the same engines) all about the head and face, at least until you're looking down a 3500ft runway...

Last edited:
"Ice, papers, GPU, top the mains, and 150 in the trunk". Learn it, live it! Also: prepare yourself for the ramp rats to scatter like tumbleweeds when you taxi up..
THIS +111111

Man filling that trunk took way too long.

Don't expect any quickturns if you need to top off the trunk.

What Boris said, except for those days when you have passengers... Then 50 in the trunk may be what you're looking for!
I'm so jealous of all the fuel stops you're going to get to do.

:)

Almost forgot, congratulations!

pair-of-beer-glasses-making-a-toast-thumb9585596.jpg

Flew my last trip for my current employer today and parked the trusty old King Air in the hangar. My next gig is on the Beechjet as Captain, 50% Pt 135 and the rest 91. Just finished filling out the HR paperwork.
I was sad to climb out of the 90 for the last time, but I'm tremendously excited about the new challenge ahead.
The airplane will be based in OKC so I'm looking forward to meeting up with JC'rs out there.

Bp244

The king air is a great airplane.

But go fly. It's a hunk of metal.

Do I read that correctly that you're going to be a captain on the Beechjet with zero time in type?

You can't get away from beech, can you? Baron, King Air & now the Mitsu Diamond... err BeechJet.

Congratulations.

Do I read that correctly that you're going to be a captain on the Beechjet with zero time in type?

Yeah, I would caution against this. I had more turboprop PIC than you can shake a stick at when I started in the bitchjet, and I was definitely not ready to be a C/A, in retrospect.

Back