Semi-Experienced Reprobate seeking Scoundrel Employment

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.
Didn't want to piggyback on Avalon's thread, but I'm in much the same situation (except more sketchy, natch).

Due to a change in uhm "life circumstances" I'm sort of nosing around for a yob again. There's nothing wrong with where I am (in fact I'm probably an idiot for thinking about leaving), but the wanderlust has struck, and I could be lured away from my 12 hour naps by the right opportunity.

~6800 TT
~3800 Turbine
~3300 TPIC
- MU-300/BE400 type (not current)
~ 1050 Jet
~ 650 Jet PIC
- Current 8410 on the PC-12/45
- 4 Year Degree (otherwise I'd already be at USA Jet)

I'd be willing to try pretty much anything at this point, just for a change of pace. Of course the catch is it would have to have at least one, and preferably two of the following characteristics: 1) Be fascinating, fun, awesome, etc, 2) Pay a whole lot of money, 3) Provide some cool type(s)

Non-negotiable characteristic: Some form of guranteed time off. Not a whole lot, necessarily, but no 24/7/365 "Sleep when you're not flying or washing the plane" for me. Location isn't terribly important, except not California or the Eastern Seabord, simply for cost of living reasons. Overseas would, if anything, be a plus.

Suggestions? Comments? Rude remarks?

Overseas is an option?

We both know some people that may be able to help to that end.

I'll stand by my earlier recommendation that you should PM our friend on the other site and strike up a conversation. Get a DC-9 type and pop your 121 cherry at the same time.

Granted, I don't think you'd want to spend a career there but it could lead to bigger and better things.

Edit: There's a Pt 91 PC-12 position in ID listed on the Orange site today.

Derg said:
We both know some people that may be able to help to that end.

Pray tell, will any of these people we know be attending NJC? I need to plan my alcohol consumption. ;)

TallGuy said:
I'll stand by my earlier recommendation that you should PM our friend on the other site and strike up a conversation. Get a DC-9 type and pop your 121 cherry at the same time.

It's certainly not out of the question, but there's that troubling history of furloughs, and the pay, and the lifestyle, and the fact that I'd be trading in the second worst city in America for the firstwurst. It's definitely in the hat, though!

It's certainly not out of the question, but there's that troubling history of furloughs, and the pay, and the lifestyle, and the fact that I'd be trading in the second worst city in America for the firstwurst. It's definitely in the hat, though!
But you've got 11 days off! In a row! Maybe!

My uh "huevos rancheros" might once have been big enough for that (or might not have), but I'm pretty sure they aren't anymore. *checks*. Nope.

Really kind of you. But I reckon if I'm going to stay in a Pilatapus, I'll probably just stay here. I don't want to get all "Regional" on you all, but this is kind of a "golden handcuffs" gig. Besides: I flew a PC-12 over Idaho once (at night), and it sort of made my little huevos shrink up even further. Lotta mountains out there!

Also: Meow! ;)

Didn't want to piggyback on Avalon's thread, but I'm in much the same situation (except more sketchy, natch).

Due to a change in uhm "life circumstances" I'm sort of nosing around for a yob again. There's nothing wrong with where I am (in fact I'm probably an idiot for thinking about leaving), but the wanderlust has struck, and I could be lured away from my 12 hour naps by the right opportunity.

~6800 TT
~3800 Turbine
~3300 TPIC
- MU-300/BE400 type (not current)
~ 1050 Jet
~ 650 Jet PIC
- Current 8410 on the PC-12/45
- 4 Year Degree (otherwise I'd already be at USA Jet)

I'd be willing to try pretty much anything at this point, just for a change of pace. Of course the catch is it would have to have at least one, and preferably two of the following characteristics: 1) Be fascinating, fun, awesome, etc, 2) Pay a whole lot of money, 3) Provide some cool type(s)

Non-negotiable characteristic: Some form of guranteed time off. Not a whole lot, necessarily, but no 24/7/365 "Sleep when you're not flying or washing the plane" for me. Location isn't terribly important, except not California or the Eastern Seabord, simply for cost of living reasons. Overseas would, if anything, be a plus.

Suggestions? Comments? Rude remarks?

How old are you?

Ever thought of doing what I do? You'd make a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts.

Really kind of you. But I reckon if I'm going to stay in a Pilatapus, I'll probably just stay here. I don't want to get all "Regional" on you all, but this is kind of a "golden handcuffs" gig. Besides: I flew a PC-12 over Idaho once (at night), and it sort of made my little huevos shrink up even further. Lotta mountains out there!

Also: Meow! ;)
I'd hook it up if I could, we're not looking right now though (sorry). There is a lot of cool work up here though - here are some pictures from the last year.

Here's an 1800' lodge strip we take the PC-12 to (going there again on Sunday)
Qa8qWzB.jpg

Here's Anchorage from the Navajo
CpFhDje.jpg

Contaminated Runway operations in the Navajo
wJENVk7.jpg

Brrrrrr - winter is cold.
ERCWWx5.jpg

Mining Strip
A0zCiAV.jpg

Crossing the Alaska Range
K1NsMpu.jpg

Uhhh, center I'd like to report an ash plume?!
R8PDLT6.jpg

Going to Dutch Harbor
0XRQvBX.jpg

The Alaska Range
eY0QWYc.jpg

Another old mining strip for minerals exploration
QlZjCmO.jpg

The trusty steed
bzyA2qW.jpg

How old are you?
Recently 37 years young. I think that qualifies me to be Fatass Cannon Fodder, 1st Class in the Guard. In another life, I was a spinny-wing Warrant flyer, though. ;) Spending all this time around you maniacs and your strange contraptions has given me an appreciation of the Dark, Spinny Side. :D Next time, if you're Hindu...I'll see you there.

Recently 37 years young. I think that qualifies me to be Fatass Cannon Fodder, 1st Class in the Guard. In another life, I was a spinny-wing Warrant flyer, though. ;) Spending all this time around you maniacs and your strange contraptions has given me an appreciation of the Dark, Spinny Side. ;)

Too old... booh!

I was already getting giddy thinking about being your IP.

Back