Chicago FSDO for CFI?

I think KHanson teaches/taught somewhere around there and sends people to the DPA FSDO. Historically they have a reputation of being a bunch of d-bags, but I dont know if that's true anymore.

Yeah. I sent him a pretty lengthy PM about all that. Nothing has changed. FAA - they're not happy til you're unhappy...

Reactions: PK
Yep.....Appreciate the time you took to respond as well.

Looks like I'll get the endorsement at AF and go home for the ride! :)

jskibo, I think PWK is actually under Milwaukee's FSDO jurisdiction...according to the email from AF I got...

Ok, you want to call them tomorrow? MWK? I wonder if AF will give us a plane? We wrap on Thursday, if we can get ride by weekend that would work.

Elmer said the program gives us 7 hours of airplane...if we use that up for training, then it's up to us to find a plane to use, which is kind of BS in my opinion... I'll forward you that email as well.

Find a PA-30 and we can go the MEI as initial route. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GLAV has one when its not being blocked for time building.
My club should have the Seneca online by September, looking like the same rate as the PA-30 walk in rate.

Of course I still would need CMEL and 15 hours acting PIC before that route opens up :)

I've been flying with someone who got their private at AF....very scary. Hope their CFI program is better.

And yeah don't go to DPA. can't Tom Bell or Lesley do CFIs?

I've been flying with someone who got their private at AF....very scary. Hope their CFI program is better.

And yeah don't go to DPA. can't Tom Bell or Lesley do CFIs?

It's all up to the FSDO I believe. Leslie is qualified to do CFI though...at $600 a pop. Honestly, I've done 3 check rides with her, I'd be more than happy to do my CFI with her as well.

You have to do the initial cfi with the fsdo.. Unless they're too busy and can't schedule you within the 14 day window... Then they give you the option of doing it with a dpe... And I don't think you get to pick and choose the dpe.

You have to do the initial cfi with the fsdo.. Unless they're too busy and can't schedule you within the 14 day window... Then they give you the option of doing it with a dpe... And I don't think you get to pick and choose the dpe.
GRR offers up a choice of two DPEs when busy....

Back