Boss needs a jet

Ah, got it. I'm mostly curious, since at work, we observe a lower Climb T6 (ITT) limit for prolonged engine life, and generally speaking, more heat equals spending more money.

FADEC is where it's at ;)...we suspended the use of Reduced Torque Takeoffs on the Q400 today. Apparently there was no "credit" from P&W for them, no lower fuel burn at takeoff or prolonged engine life. We've been flying this plane since 2001 and we just now figure this out?!

G3 with fresh engines/gear and hush kits. You can buy a lot of mx/fuel with the 2 million saved. You may go broke in 5 years unless your budget is high.

Realistically it's going to be hard to buy a nice 4 million coast to coast in any wx nonstop airplane that doesn't have total hourly/fixed costs sky high.

By the sound of it your pax pack light so baggage shouldn't be an issue. Get a 800xp/850/900. Depending on how much he wants to spend. If you want to spend another 500/hr grab a falcon 50/50ex and it will make the trip all the time.

Not being versed on these "big jets", what's the downside to the Citation III/VII? I mean other than it being old and out of fashion, which of course just makes me like it more.

I really loved the III, ours had the whole Universal avionics suite and 2 530s. It was a really nice jet to fly. Cessna makes really great business jets... more so than say.... Beechcraft.

IMG_0880.jpg

Any updates on your situation? Any better idea of what your annual operating budget is looking like? This info will help us help you! =)
No still haven't talked to the boss. He had a few other heads of other companies on board so wasn't able to talk to him. We have a trip to SFO Wednesday so I will be able to then.

I got it. Those are both airplanes that real men fly.

Looks like the boss is set on a Learjet. Any Lear36A's sittin' around?

Back