Neil11

I love what his father said.
Peter Jensen, the 21-year-old copilot's father, described his son Neil as a hardworking, honest and compassionate man in his dream job and intent on flying jets someday. Neil graduated from Service High School and earned a degree in aeronautical science from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Arizona, Peter Jensen said. He got the job as a copilot working for Ace in late November or early December, his father said.
"He liked it. He liked the pilots. He liked the flying. I've never seen him as happy as he was in the last month," Peter said. "It just seemed like everything was coming together for him."
Peter said he and his wife, as well as Neil's older sister and younger brother, were heartbroken. Still, Peter said, he did not blame his son's chosen profession.
"It's a tragic accident. I don't think it was any more dangerous than driving on an icy road," Peter said. "I'm glad he was doing what he wanted to do, and he seemed to be really enjoying it. I'm sad that he's dead, and I'll miss him a lot, but it could have just as easily been a car wreck."

Never corresponded with him that I'm aware of, but I went back and read some of his posts. Seems like my kind of guy. Damned shame. :(

The Jensen Family obviously supported his career choices, tragic loss for both families non the less....RIP Neil

That sucks :-(

Hopefully this serves as a reminder to everybody to be extra careful out there. Obviously no idea what happened up there, but in the end the goal is to come home every day. Nothing else is as important as that.

Back