Logging PIC 135

I've never seen insurance times that are based off of the part 61 definition. If you're going to use it in that form, you might as well just lie to them.

Log what you want, but you are NOT the real PIC and you know it and so does anyone that would audit your logbook during an interview.
Of course you're not the "real" PIC. You're just someone following the rules of "logging" PIC. I would hope everyone knows that, including the interviewer. Are you suggesting that Part 135 employers don't like pilot who follow the rules?

Of course you're not the "real" PIC. You're just someone following the rules of "logging" PIC. I would hope everyone knows that, including the interviewer. Are you suggesting that Part 135 employers don't like pilot who follow the rules?

Yes. I have no experience with pax 135 operators, but for the freighters, it's pretty much mandatory!

That actually may be a troubling truth according to a discussion I had with an FAA attorney. troubling because it's the pilot who is most likely to receive the violation.

That actually may be a troubling truth according to a discussion I had with an FAA attorney. troubling because it's the pilot who is most likely to receive the violation.
And when you are the pilot at the operation who does things legally you are the "trouble maker".

Congratulations. Glad you're proud of your luck (I'm sure at this point you would say skill) in getting away with ignoring the rules.

I once had to fill in for a pilot who climbed "VFR" out of an uncontrolled airport to get an IFR clearance and checked on with center with a bases report (that is to say before she got her clearance.) I don't know if it is luck or skill to get away with things, but there definitely exists "negative skill" at this particular practice.

I once had to fill in for a pilot who climbed "VFR" out of an uncontrolled airport to get an IFR clearance and checked on with center with a bases report (that is to say before she got her clearance.) I don't know if it is luck or skill to get away with things, but there definitely exists "negative skill" at this particular practice.
I don't see the problem...maybe it was a scattered layer.

I've always been of the belief that the rules are meant to be enforced by those tasked to enforce the rules. I positively loathe those who simply break whatever rules are inconvenient to them, with no thought to how it might affect others. But I equally loathe those who spend the few hours of life they're given busying themselves by being being Informers or Apparatchiks. I follow the rules as I understand them. Every time. No exceptions, ever. But I wouldn't piss on an Informer if they were on fire. These notions are not, as far as I understand it, mutually exclusive.

Back