One day I will be a real pilot...

BEEF SUPREME

So doing trail work today, I was asked about my career and why I had time off during the week.

"I'm a professional pilot, I fly a charter aircraft."

"Oh for one company?"

"Well sort of, many companies choose to have my company fly them around. It's a real asset, the airplane is very fast so executives can get a lot done."

"Oh really, will you get your multi engine license and work for the airlines?"

"Yeah"

I thought this was funny so I tried making it a meme:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348096825.864898.jpg

My uncle was "this far" from asking me, "so are you about to get your captain seat and be able to fly the airplane".

Even with flying several hundred passengers across the oceans to almost every continent, accident-free for over 25 years of flying, until I become captain, I'm just some lousy mess hall worker! :)

That don't befront me, as long as I gets my money next friday!

My uncle was "this far" from asking me, "so are you about to get your captain seat and be able to fly the airplane".

My mother in law, when I got furloughed, asked Emily why I didn't just go get a job at one of those cargo companies like FedEx or UPS until I got called back to the airline.

Or even better, when guys ask me what I did on furlough and tell them I went to law school, they look at me like I have two heads and ask me how stupid I could possibly be for coming back to the airline.

"Sorry skipper, I just happen to have a good case of stupid and there ain't much fix for it. You want a receiving checklist?"

"You commute to NYC? Wouldn't LAX or SLC be a better commute?"

"WOW MAN! YOU AIN'T KIDDING! I'D HAVE NEEEEEEEEEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! OMG, THANKS FOR THE CREATIVE IDEA!!11one!"

i'jits!

Kinda like how every airplane that the airlines have is a 747 to the general public.

Oh, you mean those little puddle jumpers? Don't you want to fly the big ones? They'd hire you. You're nice, and you don't see many women pilots!

I get the:

"oh what do you do?"

Me: "I'm a charter/corporate pilot, fly a lot of owners around and when we're not doing that people charter us for different trips"

Johnny Public: "oh so do you want to be a professional commercial pilot someday?"

Me: "(facepalm) yeah, something like that."

Even with flying several hundred passengers across the oceans to almost every continent, accident-free for over 25 years of flying, until I become captain, I'm just some lousy mess hall worker! :)

That don't befront me, as long as I gets my money next friday!

Do you want a bourbon, scotch, and beer?

I generally try to avoid telling people what I do. It helps me to avoid the barrage of stupid questions that will inevitably follow.

Are you going to get your license to fly jets? I get that all the time and I do fly a jet.

I generally try to avoid telling people what I do. It helps me to avoid the barrage of stupid questions that will inevitably follow.

I am not even a professional pilot yet, but I still tend to not even tell people I fly unless I have to. I could write a book on the silly questions and "oh I wanna go fly with you!s" that I have gotten. Gets old after a while.

I am not even a professional pilot yet, but I still tend to not even tell people I fly unless I have to. I could write a book on the silly questions and "oh I wanna go fly with you!s" that I have gotten. Gets old after a while.

"ohhhhhhhhhhh wowwwwww. can you fly me to Florida/Vegas/LA/etc?"

I heard this once. Guy talking to his buddy as they board the 145.

"Yerp, its one of them small little planes, man, they arent real airlines pilots yet, theyre still in training which is why they flyin these small ass pla ...ughhh... ahhh... ouch shhhiiii, damn small planes...ey maing watch your head comin in this plane dude"

Instant karma. :D

My favorite happened in BWI.

A couple gets on and instantly complains about how the E-145 is the smallest airliner they've ever been on. Directly behind them, 2 Cape Air 402s were boarding. It was difficult not to tell them to respect the jungle jet, or I'd find a way to get them on the 402!

Back