CPS FA's vote for strike authorization.

Krystal

Dispatch Betty
http://news.yahoo.com/delta-connection-flight-attendants-vote-strike-155600765.html?_esi=1

Hohboy....

Cant say as I blame them and I certainly support them but this is NOT something you want to see in your inbox on your day off. Ive never worked for an airline during a strike so Im not sure what Im supposed to expect, operationally speaking. I know that right now, its just a vote for authroization, but still.

And I can just picture it now.... sitting at my desk, minding my own business when the inflight manager walks in and says "Look! Someone who's door qualified on our plane! Get her!"

Has it been less than a year since you've been through recurrent? If you're out of currency you can not fly as a FA. I don't think they could force a dispatcher to go through FA training :)

Has it been less than a year since you've been through recurrent? If you're out of currency you can not fly as a FA. I don't think they could force a dispatcher to go through FA training :)
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get a call in the next few weeks offering a quick qal recall. Word is 900 AA FAs punched out in one day last week and AA is trying to get the Feds to let them quick qal the recalls.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get a call in the next few weeks offering a quick qal recall. Word is 900 AA FAs punched out in one day last week and AA is trying to get the Feds to let them quick qal the recalls.

Gonzo, my last flight ever was on June 2nd, 2009. Even if they could do a quick qual, there is enough money on the PLANET to make me go back to being an FA, even temporarily.

Holy crap! Is it possible to even staff the airplanes?

That's the pretty euphemism (along with "replacement workers") that management dreamed up to make SCABs sound better than they really are.
I see. Well, like I said. Ive never worked for an airline during a strike.

I find myself in a very hard spot seeing as how, once upon a time, I was an FA. I support the FA group, but I love my job and I will still be reporting to work, even if it means that I have to cross a picket line to do it.

Reporting to work as a dispatcher wouldn't make you a SCAB. Reporting to work as an FA? That's a different story.

Hehe. Like I said above, there isnt enough money on the planet to make me go back to being an FA! Even temporarily!

How does that work, etiquette-wise? I know if FAs are striking, and an FA crosses the line of his own members to work, thats bad. But does the same thing with regards to an FA strike apply to, say, a mechanic; who (assuming is union) his own union isn't striking? Or if, by some chance, some position person who doesn't have a union, and goes to work? Are those people considered to be "crossing a line"; even though it's not a line thats theirs and they're not working the struck work; just working their own completely separate jobs?

EDIT: I think Todd answered already...

But to add......do other unions respect the strike of the union who is striking? If FAs strike, do mechanics not go to work either out of support?

Back