Failed MMPI at PEPC?

mrbrim you are not giving me much hope :). I went to the doc on the 11th of August and the doc said he sent the paperwork back 4 days after. So I hope my paperwork is not just sitting in Chicago. I hope you get some good news soon. I don't know about you but this suspense is gut wrenching.:eek:

Well, when I went to my psych, she did not yet have my original MMPI results. So, before she could send my tier-2 paperwork in, she had to wait for my original results...which may have delayed the process. But, I am pretty certain that the Chicago office is about as slow as it gets as far as moving things along. And yes...the waiting is excruciating.

Well, when I went to my psych, she did not yet have my original MMPI results. So, before she could send my tier-2 paperwork in, she had to wait for my original results...which may have delayed the process. But, I am pretty certain that the Chicago office is about as slow as it gets as far as moving things along. And yes...the waiting is excruciating.

Well I guess I consider myself lucky, because the doc had my test results. To be honest when he told me why my results were inconclusive I was shocked that he had the test. As far as this process being excruciating I have to agree, I have never had a knot in my stomach for this long. I think if you can make it through this process then you can pretty much make it through anything :insane:.

I need help!! I just called the medical office today and was told that my tier 2 results are in. But the lady said that I have to speak to someone else for my results. Is this good or bad? It has been 4 weeks since my retake. Has this ever happened to anyone here? I am freaking out.

I need help!! I just called the medical office today and was told that my tier 2 results are in. But the lady said that I have to speak to someone else for my results. Is this good or bad? It has been 4 weeks since my retake. Has this ever happened to anyone here? I am freaking out.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you passed me by in the timeline. I finally got up the nerve to ignore the 90 day wait warnings and was told only a very small few results are back from DC and mine weren't included --- so my paperwork is still in DC with no results. This, even though I took the tier 2 a month before you... so at least you know your paperwork is there and yours is moving at a reasonably quicker pace for whatever random reason.

I expect mine to be another few days in DC then probably 2 weeks more in Chicago and then finally get to my HR right around the full 90 days at this rate now. It must have taken my doc about a month to review and send to Chicago and then taken Chicago about a month to forward on to DC. Thanks for hurrying while my life is on hold guys:hiya:.

I also asked about re-taking the drug test on my own to speed up the process since it has expired, but she said it wasn't allowed until DC gave them a "positive or negative response" for us.

Waiting...............

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you passed me by in the timeline. I finally got up the nerve to ignore the 90 day wait warnings and was told only a very small few results are back from DC and mine weren't included --- so my paperwork is still in DC with no results. This, even though I took the tier 2 a month before you... so at least you know your paperwork is there and yours is moving at a reasonably quicker pace for whatever random reason.

I expect mine to be another few days in DC then probably 2 weeks more in Chicago and then finally get to my HR right around the full 90 days at this rate now. It must have taken my doc about a month to review and send to Chicago and then taken Chicago about a month to forward on to DC. Thanks for hurrying while my life is on hold guys:hiya:.

I also asked about re-taking the drug test on my own to speed up the process since it has expired, but she said it wasn't allowed until DC gave them a "positive or negative response" for us.

Waiting...............

I just don't understand this. Part of me thinks it is good to get the info this quick, then the other part is nervous because what happens if I failed again. Of course the person I need to speak with to get my results is out till tomorrow, so I will have a very restless night ahead.

Waiting...............

False alarm, called today and was told that my test just got to them from the doctor and still has to go to Washington DC for review. So another 60 days to wait. :confused:

False alarm, called today and was told that my test just got to them from the doctor and still has to go to Washington DC for review. So another 60 days to wait. :confused:
Wow. I feel for you man. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions in that couple of days for you...and for me! I was pretty envious your results only took 4 weeks.

No surprise though, I don't think they actually look anything up when you call. I don't think they plan to do anything but send them to HR and let them tell us yes/no and in the meantime just tell everyone that calls whatever it takes to get us off the phone expecting a few more weeks. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they already had processed my paperwork and I got a call from my HR rep tomorrow even though yesterday I was told my paperwork wasn't back from DC yet.

I also think they may do everything all at once when there are large numbers of us at the same point in the process. I think paperwork coming in sits for a few weeks waiting for other people's in the same position and they send them all together to the next step. I get that feeling from the way they don't deal with any of our stuff at all when they have a PEPC coming up, and also when it seems like all of a sudden we all get something we've all been waiting for weeks for all in the same day. For that reason I wouldn't be shocked not to get a call from HR for another month or two either if my paperwork is waiting for a whole "wave" of them to be ready to send back to Chicago, who will hold them for a whole "wave" of them to be ready to send to HR.

All speculation though based on the paranoia I am developing about where this paperwork that my future rides on might be. I just can't believe it should take nearly this long. 61 days and counting. 15 months since applying. :rolleyes:

You are not kidding. I was freaking out for 12 hours and then dissapointed the next day. I just want to know what my future is. My wife works for the govt and she is not suprised at this at all. I guess I will keep my head down and try not to think about it. I think I might just call aviation careers every week for now on.

Got a phone call today from Chicago that I passed my tier-2 MMPI. I took the re-take 7/13 and found out today 9/23...so it took about 2 months. The bad news is that I have to redo my eye exam since I failed with my right eye, and today is also 6 months since my PEPC so I'll eventually have to redo my urinalysis but both minor bumps in the road. I made it over the biggest hurdle!

Got a phone call today from Chicago that I passed my tier-2 MMPI. I took the re-take 7/13 and found out today 9/23...so it took about 2 months. The bad news is that I have to redo my eye exam since I failed with my right eye, and today is also 6 months since my PEPC so I'll eventually have to redo my urinalysis but both minor bumps in the road. I made it over the biggest hurdle!

As you can see all i do is check everday on this thread. That is great news. I have two weeks left until my two month anniversary. Congrats once again on getting over this hurdle. :rawk:

Well it has been 63 days since my tier 2 evaluation. Today I was told that I passed. To be honest I am stunned. So now I wait for a class date. I think I have to take my drug test again but I passed my tier 2. I am very relieved. Everyone keep your heads up!!

Congratulations!! This process can be a real pain in the ass.....What PEPC did you go to? Also I noticed that you applied to Pubnats 2-7....any idea which one of those you were actually selected to move forward on?

I heard that class dates were backed up until april/may of 2010....how did you get one so early?
I got a Nov 5th date as well. I'm Pubnat 6 though. So I guess I got one 'early'. No idea how, my rep called and asked if I was interested in a class date, so I of course said yes. She called me Oct 9th about the class date.

I'm cleared as well. 5 months after I was notified I failed and it may push me back "about 60 days". Now I will proceed to wait for a class date. They just sent another kid to OKC from my facility while I was waiting so I am unfortunately expecting to hear they met their trainee/hiring quota or whatever until fiscal year ________ (insert far off time here). Crossing my fingers and emailing my HR person. Hopefully I can get back on my pattern of moving along every 2 months or so again.

06/16/08 PUBNAT 4 (5,6,7,8)
09/26/08 AT-SAT - Lisle 98.6%
11/25/08 Geo Pref (Tower NE,MO)
01/08/09 Referral List
01/29/09 Selected OMA Tower
03/27/09 PEPC Chicago (3 hrs)
03/27/09 TOL
05/22/09 Notified MMPI Failed
07/16/09 MMPI Tier 2 Taken

Good luck everyone else.

Just got off the phone with my HR. Confirmed my worst fears. The Omaha spot they gave someone last week was the only one for the year. Everything else around here is also full. She said not to expect to hear from her again until October 2010 and "hopefully at that time something opens up".

Funnier yet...that would mean my Psych eval will have expired in March and I'll get to go through the whole MMPI parts again at that time. Awesome.

Relocating is not an option due to various circumstances.

Good luck everyone else. I won't be checking back here for a while. Don't know what I'm going to do now. :(

Back