US Airways RFP?

SmitteyB

Heard from 2 station managers (LGA/ITH) that RFPs are out for -900 flying? Airways asked Air Wisconsin to come down a little on the price? Good luck AWAC.

Considering their is a grievance pending too many >70 seat jets in the system I somehow doubt they are adding more. So unless Mesa, Republic or PSA is going to be parking some of their planes I don't really see a need for an RFP.

*without sources and total speculation*

could the RFP cover what Mesa does in order to protect airways if Mesa goes TU if delta and united give em the boot?

I believe the Mesa CEO has said that either of these contracts being lost would put Mesa under...

Not stirring the pot, just thinking about cause and effect.

You're on the right thought process higney. No doubt about it.

Seems like a very wise business decision from Airways.

Mesa owns (not leases) those 900s they fly for Airways, though. So unless Mesa liquidates people would have to have idling 900s sitting around.

700s I'd believe.

To which I would say USairways is paying on all of our planes. I doubt getting out of those leases would be easy. Not saying it cannot happen. But I belive the first lease on PSA Airplanes isnt up until 2018 I think. The average plane is less then 4.5 years old. Plus with how crappy we are paid, we are nearly the lowest paid regional feed out there.

Mesa owns (not leases) those 900s they fly for Airways, though. So unless Mesa liquidates people would have to have idling 900s sitting around.

Or enough cash or credit available for Bombardier or Wells Fargo to finance them. Pinnacle didn't have idling -900s when we got the Delta flying. Now, for an IMMEDIATE capacity pick up, you're right. But I have a feeling IF the RFP exists, it's a long-term, phased RFP rather than take this flying.....NOW.

Just because Mesa loses DAL or UAL flying, doesn't mean the entire company will necessarily fail. Will they file for bankruptcy? Probably. What will come of that? Who knows.

Just because Mesa loses DAL or UAL flying, doesn't mean the entire company will necessarily fail. Will they file for bankruptcy? Probably. What will come of that? Who knows.

Cameron, you PHX traitor. *I think* UAL flying makes up most of Mesa's flights, right? Pretty similar to SKYW. So, I think if they were to lose UA flying they would be sunk, since UA I think, is their biggest client.

US Airways is the biggest chunk of Mesa flying by far. But they'd definitely need to declare BK if they suddenly lost UA flying, as thats around 30%.

US Airways is the biggest chunk of Mesa flying by far. But they'd definitely need to declare BK if they suddenly lost UA flying, as thats around 30%.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was US or UA flying that is their biggest. So, it miust be UAL flying at SKYW that is their lion share.

But, Cameron is still a huge punk for moving, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that! :p

AWAC couldn't win the RFP for Midwest flying with the ex-Midwest connect CEO as the team leader. I sincerely doubt they stand a chance at successfully winning any of RFP's. By 2015 AWAC will be a ground handling company only. You heard it here first.

The company lots its niche (mountain flying w/ 146's) and as such has lost its way. AWAC is an expensive company when compared to the others out there.

AWAC couldn't win the RFP for Midwest flying with the ex-Midwest connect CEO as the team leader. I sincerely doubt they stand a chance at successfully winning any of RFP's. By 2015 AWAC will be a ground handling company only. You heard it here first.

The company lots its niche (mountain flying w/ 146's) and as such has lost its way. AWAC is an expensive company when compared to the others out there.

If only BoilerUP posted here.

:bandit:

Heard from 2 station managers (LGA/ITH) that RFPs are out for -900 flying? Airways asked Air Wisconsin to come down a little on the price? Good luck AWAC.

LOL. How could they possibly know that usair asked awac to come down on the price?

The UA contract pays more and is JO's biggest headache....well used to be till Delta started to cut them loose. UA is a pain in the ass to deal with.

The UA contract pays more and is JO's biggest headache....well used to be till Delta started to cut them loose. UA is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Hmm. And I always thought (and i have no factual information or sources to backup my thinking) that it was the other way around. In order for Mesa to get UAL flying back (remember, UAL stopped dealing with Mesa years before), they dropped their bid pretty low and there isn't much profit there. I am under the impression that the Airways flying is more profitable.

Back