Chat with Robert from Flight Express...

beasly

......on the bus ride home from my part-time $8.00/hr cooking job today.

He is an AP and has been working for Flight Express for 17 years.

I noticed his work shirt and struck up a conversation and want to relay it along.

(I did a search for Flight Express on the forum and did not see this info, my apologies is this is old news)

First, on the work front--according to Robert--they just had a new bunch of pilots come in--he says they either have a whole bunch applying/arriving at once or nothing and they just had a new crop of pilots come in.

Second. Flight Express has been bought out by the parent company of that other cargo hauler (the name escapes me right now) and they have merged their routes the orginal owner of Flight Express having cashed out.

We talked about the 210--he called it a truck --and did you know it hauls about 300 lbs more than a baron? Also, they are the largest owners of 210's in Florida.

Third, he mentioned that a bunch of pilots have been turning down a 10 to 13 hour duty shift out of TPA. Could be work right there. Since its not an "actual job" per DT's sticky post, I did not post this thread there.

Fourth, it was great to talk shop with a real-live person. I haven't flown in a year and I miss it so.

Hope it helps.

b.

Check out the "freight pilot/ootsk" forum.
Lots of info with in the last your about the merger there.

If you have any additional questions PM me. I currently work for FLX out of St. Louis.

Thank you.

I have about 300 more hours to get before I qualify for the single pilot IFR, so it will be a while. KORL is 1.5 miles from my house, so when I get it, I will be popping in there a lot looking for a job.

Thanks again, all.

b.

And not a single one with an autopilot. God bless the freight world.
Autopilot in SE Cessnas (even the big one) = overkill.

Autopilot in freight airplanes = nappy time*.

-mini

*Minitour does not condone sleeping during single pilot night freight operations or any kind of single pilot operations. The views of this poster are not the views of minitour. This is a not-paid-for post. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, must be 18 or older to enter, odds of winning may vary, many will enter, few will win.

-mini

*Minitour does not condone sleeping during single pilot night freight operations or any kind of single pilot operations. The views of this poster are not the views of minitour. This is a not-paid-for post. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, must be 18 or older to enter, odds of winning may vary, many will enter, few will win.

does uhhhh "resting my eyes" count as sleeping?

-mini

haha. I love the asterisks.

Six pack, usual engine instruments, radio stack, your lucky to have DME, and extremely lucky to have a VFR GPS with a database that was current 15 years ago. Baron's are about the same only plan on single freq radios most often.

Better yet I just found out that the class that they had going through right now was supposed to be a size of 12. ONLY SIX SHOWED UP! Why is it that people will accept the class date and then not show up? Especially when so many pilots are unemployed.

Better yet I just found out that the class that they had going through right now was supposed to be a size of 12. ONLY SIX SHOWED UP! Why is it that people will accept the class date and then not show up? Especially when so many pilots are unemployed.

That really surprises me. I remember this happened all the time when I was still at FLX, but Austin attributed that to them "better" offers to fly shiny jets. Maybe people are just thugs who don't know how to keep their word.

That really surprises me. I remember this happened all the time when I was still at FLX, but Austin attributed that to them "better" offers to fly shiny jets. Maybe people are just thugs who don't know how to keep their word.

Funny story.

Had a guy in the first two days of ground school at FLX who bitched and complained that he only brought home $17,000 at the regional job he just left. He didn't show up on the third day of class. Guess where he went?

Another regional. :dunno:

FLX will be getting a resume in March. Something about flying minimum equipped single engine planes in bad weather intrigues me.

See you soon Austin.

Funny story.

Had a guy in the first two days of ground school at FLX who bitched and complained that he only brought home $17,000 at the regional job he just left. He didn't show up on the third day of class. Guess where he went?

Another regional. :dunno:
Sounds about right.

-mini

Back