i get sick of

TangoSix

having to explain that the Cessna 172 with a horizontally opposed textron lycoming four cylinder 140 HP engine, four seat high wing, IFR rated airplane that i fly is, indeed,

NOT

A GOD-DANG

CROPDUSTER

having to explain that the Cessna 172 with a horizontally opposed textron lycoming four cylinder 140 HP engine, four seat high wing, IFR rated airplane that i fly is, indeed,

NOT

A GOD-DANG

CROPDUSTER

well, it'd be a whole lot more fun to fly if it was a cropduster than your POS 172.

well, it'd be a whole lot more fun to fly if it was a cropduster than your POS 172.
i agree.

point of the post being, i get sick of people stereotyping all small planes to be cropdusters, and then having to explain why its not when they have 5464 questions.

hooray for the most-small-minded-post-of-the-month. you get the golden star, big guy.

HAHAHA, I was about to get on a CRJ when the girl next to me looked out the terminal window and got so scared she almost started crying when she saw how "small" it was. She really thought we were going to die. I tried to explain that it wasnt small at all and that it was actually quite a bit newer and nicer than the DC-9 she was expecting, but in the end its no use. Appearantly size really does matter...

The fog of senility is upon me, but I think I remember telling people it was a 150hp whilst waving my hands around and being exasperated. But it's been a while.

PS. Instrument rated? Man, what can't the G1000 do?

i agree.

point of the post being, i get sick of people stereotyping all small planes to be cropdusters, and then having to explain why its not when they have 5464 questions.

hooray for the most-small-minded-post-of-the-month. you get the golden star, big guy.

Thanks for the star, I always like winning awards!!! I usually find that most people classify small single engine planes as cessna's and most biz-jets as lears no matter what they are. But hey, don't forget to tell them that your 172 is IFR rated, champ.

The fog of senility is upon me, but I think I remember telling people it was a 150hp whilst waving my hands around and being exasperated. But it's been a while.

I used to fly F, G, and I model 172's many moons ago...if I remember right, the F & G models where 145 hp (6 cylinder Continentals?); while the I model lost two cylinders but gained the whopping 5 hp with a Lycoming. Maybe there's an older model with 140 hp?

I usually find that most people classify small single engine planes as cessna's and most biz-jets as lears no matter what they are.

All tissues are Kleenex, copies are Xerox's, all sodas (pops?) are Cokes...and all "little" airplanes are Cessnas :)

NOT

A GOD-DANG

CROPDUSTER

never heard of it, sure you aren't a crop duster?

I don't understand. If you want to be an airliner pilot, why are you learning to fly those little single engined ones?

i agree.

Just wait, some day if you go to an airline your parents will ask
"When are you going to be a pilot"?
"Dad, I am a pilot"
"Yeah, but when are you going to be the pilot?"

"Wow this plane is small!"

serenity now.

"Are you old enough to fly this thing? You look like a kid."

serenity now.

"You boys are sober, right?"

serenity now, insanity later.

"Wow this plane is small!"
I think one of the funniest thing I ever heard was an xjt captain whisper to me under his breath "I bet it'd look pretty big parked in your bleeping driveway". (he didn't say 'bleeping' :p )

HAHAHA, I was about to get on a CRJ when the girl next to me looked out the terminal window and got so scared she almost started crying when she saw how "small" it was. She really thought we were going to die. I tried to explain that it wasnt small at all and that it was actually quite a bit newer and nicer than the DC-9 she was expecting, but in the end its no use. Appearantly size really does matter...
:rotfl:
When we went to Iraq with the V22 we had a pax flat out refuse to get on the aircraft. I guess she was scared of it. My CO was the TAC on the plane and was like 'F it. If she doesn't want on, lets go." :laff:

Whatever you fly, people will call it small. Don't worry about it!

When I flew Beechcraft 1900's, people would ask when I thought I'd be able to move on to the airlines.

No one gave me any grief when I flew the 727.

On the 737-200, people thought it was a puddle jumper.

On the MD-88/90, "OMG! This thing is old! When do you get to fly something bigger?" (meanwhile, the 88's and especially the 90's were newer than the 757/767's)

Even flying the 767-300, Polar thumbs his nose and teases me about being a "light twin" pilot -- which it is! :)

On the grand scale, who cares what other people think about your airplane. You don't have any reason to criticize the Yugo GT he's driving and he's got no business criticizing your aircraft.

Back