i get sick of

When we went to Iraq with the V22 we had a pax flat out refuse to get on the aircraft. I guess she was scared of it. My CO was the TAC on the plane and was like 'F it. If she doesn't want on, lets go."

I loved riding the V22--like an express elevator and roller coaster all rolled up in one!

Just wait, some day if you go to an airline your parents will ask
"When are you going to be a pilot"?
"Dad, I am a pilot"
"Yeah, but when are you going to be the pilot?"
I swear my parents still thought I only handled radios and never flew as a copilot.

Whatever you fly, people will call it small. Don't worry about it!

When I flew Beechcraft 1900's, people would ask when I thought I'd be able to move on to the airlines.

No one gave me any grief when I flew the 727.

On the 737-200, people thought it was a puddle jumper.

On the MD-88/90, "OMG! This thing is old! When do you get to fly something bigger?" (meanwhile, the 88's and especially the 90's were newer than the 757/767's)

Even flying the 767-300, Polar thumbs his nose and teases me about being a "light twin" pilot -- which it is! :)

On the grand scale, who cares what other people think about your airplane. You don't have any reason to criticize the Yugo GT he's driving and he's got no business criticizing your aircraft.
Ha! That's funny...and I'm sure when you get to the 747, if you ever decide to head that way, some guy at pprune will look at down at you for not flying the A380.

Back