Future of C-17 Production??

205 airplanes. That's still alot

Seems like but it might depend on usage. Cargo planes should be able to last quite some time with the appropriate maint I would think. How long did the C-141's last afterall? Even some old C-130's are still around. Next down the road would be some sort of SLEP program at a certain point in it's airframe life...or whatever it's called.

You want heavies, fighters or helo's out of UPT? Be honest ;) Hopefully you stay away from the UAV draft :whip:

The funny part is, they talk about american manufactoring and job creation. But they will stimulate unemployment and benefits until they are red in the face. But, they will cut jobs and good paying ones just b/c they are military, and say it is to expensive, when did they care about cost. I find this so stupid.

Seems like but it might depend on usage. Cargo planes should be able to last quite some time with the appropriate maint I would think. How long did the C-141's last afterall? Even some old C-130's are still around. Next down the road would be some sort of SLEP program at a certain point in it's airframe life...or whatever it's called.

You want heavies, fighters or helo's out of UPT? Be honest ;) Hopefully you stay away from the UAV draft :whip:

I want fighters, but I would be happy with any airframe. And yes, I do hope I stay away from the UAV's.

Those P-3's are pretty old themselves.....

I want fighters, but I would be happy with any airframe. And yes, I do hope I stay away from the UAV's.

Those P-3's are pretty old themselves.....

Nothing wrong with wanting jets, fighters specifically. I know when I was in primary flight training all those years ago, many students were afraid to let it be known what they wanted. Most primary IP's are helo, P-3 and E-6 types, some with chips on their shoulder. I always asked my studs when I was a primary IP what they wanted....nothing wrong with having goals.

UAV's is such a waste for a pilot, especially after going through flight training.

because in FY2010 there will be more UAV drops out of UPT than Fighter/Bomber drops

Don't worry......you'll make your touch and go there at some point....or else make sure you can shuck and jive well for 10 yrs post graduation! :D

Don't worry......you'll make your touch and go there at some point....or else make sure you can shuck and jive well for 10 yrs post graduation! :D

i'm looking to palace chase after my first assignment hopefully

According to a reliable source aka Baseops there will be 70 F-16 slots in FY10 also. I'll take my chances?

According to a reliable source aka Baseops there will be 70 F-16 slots in FY10 also. I'll take my chances?

with a 1.5-2yr wait for IFF after UPT....

right now they are dropping 1 fighter a class....last night was the exception because we had a F-22 and F-15C drop...The F-22s are allocated per base for a specific class though so it was known well ahead of time.

They had an E-8 come from a T-38 last night too......

Ian, I was curious what they have the guys do while waiting for IFF?

Also, what is it that you want to fly and where when this is all over?

Ian, I was curious what they have the guys do while waiting for IFF?

Also, what is it that you want to fly and where when this is all over?

They sit around at the base and fly every few weeks. Its basically the hurry up and wait game...

I'm hoping for C-17s out of McChord but I just started the T-1...i don't get my assignment til Feb 5.
However, the dream assignment is C-21s out of Ramstein but that almost never drops

Back