The finally caught me.

cmill

Cold Ass Honky
The asst. CP paid a visit to the ramp this morning and said my white tennis shoes, and cargo shorts had to go. So now its black shoes and non-cargo shorts to wear while I'm flying cargo. The entire ensemble, including wal-mart black van's knock-off's, a george belt, and black shorts from a second hand store came out to $44.97.

If you see a cholo dressed like a pilot, or maybe a pilot dressed like a cholo walking across the UPS ramp at DFW, try not to laugh. Its hot, and i dont like pants. That is all.

Well, I figured after my flip-flop fiasco i should probably comply. Don't feel like standing in the un-employment line right now.

So glad my boss shows up in shorts and flip flops most of the time.

thats why i love my current cfi gig.

I showed up to first day of work , in nice dress pants and a polo shirt, and everyone felt bad (read laughed at me) for me, and my boss told me i can wear anything i want. So during the week its cargo shorts and a pair of khaki loafers for me.,And for the weekends, soccer jerseys :)

hey at least you don't have to wear an airline uniform while instructing. I have a four bar epaulet and gold wings...its pretty embarrassing.

I once landed at this small uncontrolled field, walked into the local fbo, and had somebody ask me what type of jet I flew in on, and I got to reply "oh I just landed in that crusty 152 sitting on the ramp"

hey at least you don't have to wear an airline uniform while instructing. I have a four bar epaulet and gold wings...its pretty embarrassing.

I once landed at this small uncontrolled field, walked into the local fbo, and had somebody ask me what type of jet I flew in on, and I got to reply "oh I just landed in that crusty 152 sitting on the ramp"
I heard a rumor that my old Skool o' Flite is going to that dress code for CFIs. I told one of my buddies that he should buy some epaulets with like 8 stripes. Also that he should send some pictures of the instructor corps posing in front of a 172. So I can laugh.

If you know what's good for you and the [freight dawg] industry, you'll quit.

If you wear that stuff on the line, you'll screw all who have born an allegiance to the OOTSK!!!

STAND THE LINE!!!

oh man, awkward.

-----
I am reeeeeal thankful there are zero bars on my shoulder at wok.

Edit: if I ever did, my student would probably think that I just found them in the airport or something and put them on.

You can wear shorts, but they can't be cargo? Somebody a little bit high on their principles? :dunno:

I heard a rumor that my old Skool o' Flite is going to that dress code for CFIs. I told one of my buddies that he should buy some epaulets with like 8 stripes. Also that he should send some pictures of the instructor corps posing in front of a 172. So I can laugh.

Dude, big ass shoulderboards like you're some kind of admiral!

I am certain the cargo is duly impressed with the proper attire. Why would you even think you could get by with cargo pants when flying cargo???

If you know what's good for you and the [freight dawg] industry, you'll quit.

If you wear that stuff on the line, you'll screw all who have born an allegiance to the OOTSK!!!

STAND THE LINE!!!

Exactly, without all those pockets in the cargo shorts, where am i gonna put my four packs of Marlboro Red's, and my flask of bathtub moonshine?

this thread is my only glimmer of hope in life. i need to fly some boxes with captain crunch at the helm.

Back