Academy Packet

you can find it in other threads... All it says is that you need to wear business casual clothing and be in the security building by 630-645a.m. the day you start class. It also has a map and other random miscellaneous things. You should get it a week prior to class start.

you can find it in other threads... All it says is that you need to wear business casual clothing and be in the security building by 630-645a.m. the day you start class. It also has a map and other random miscellaneous things. You should get it a week prior to class start.

Yeah I searched but there were no threads about it...just info here and there and none was too comprehensive.

So basically nothing too important? I figured if they're FedExing it and not just emailing documents (as they usually do) that there was more substantial stuff in it.

Nothing regarding plane tickets or anything like that?

Yeah I searched but there were no threads about it...just info here and there and none was too comprehensive.

So basically nothing too important? I figured if they're FedExing it and not just emailing a list there was more to it.

Nothing regarding plane tickets or anything like that?
You get your travel authorization number to give to AmEx if you're booking a plane ticket. Other than that, it's the stuff indy mentioned above.

You get your travel authorization number to give to AmEx if you're booking a plane ticket. Other than that, it's the stuff indy mentioned above.

I think maybe you can book with Amex is you know the course and section numbers for your class? I called them and they said it as too early too book right now, but they said they could look up my name by the course/section.

I hope that's all I need, because I don't want to book my flight last minute if the packet doesn't arrive on time (as it seems often happens).

I think maybe you can book with Amex is you know the course and section numbers for your class? I called them and they said it as too early too book right now, but they said they could look up my name by the course/section.

I hope that's all I need, because I don't want to book my flight last minute if the packet doesn't arrive on time (as it seems often happens).
You have over a month and a half left. Plus, you're not paying for the airfare. I'm less than 4 weeks out and I still haven't got my academy packet yet.

No worries, Nightbird! Your time will come soon!

You have over a month and a half left. Plus, you're not paying for the airfare. I'm less than 4 weeks out and I still haven't got my academy packet yet.

No worries, Nightbird! Your time will come soon!

Nah, I'm not worried about it. I was just curious because Amex said you can book 30 days in advance but the packet comes two weeks or less before the date...I was trying to figure out if I really need it or not.

Nah, I'm not worried about it. I was just curious because Amex said you can book 30 days in advance but the packet comes two weeks or less before the date...I was trying to figure out if I really need it or not.
It's likely the FAA doesn't want you booking 30 days in advance in case of an unexpected change, cancellation, etc.

It's likely the FAA doesn't want you booking 30 days in advance in case of an unexpected change, cancellation, etc.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm working until the last day and flying out the day before class starts, though, so I'm a little worried about the ticket that I'll get. I want to get something early in the day because if there's a weather delay later and my flight cancels I could be in serious trouble getting to OKC in time.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm working until the last day and flying out the day before class starts, though, so I'm a little worried about the ticket that I'll get. I want to get something early in the day because if there's a weather delay later and my flight cancels I could be in serious trouble getting to OKC in time.
You may want to consider arriving a day early, like the FAQ states :)

You may want to consider arriving a day early, like the FAQ states :)

I am. I plan on arriving on 8/4 for the 8/5 class. But I want a flight early on 8/4 so that if it cancels and there are no other flights that I won't be in a jam for 8/5.

I need to work up until 8/3 or else I lose my health insurance and would have to COBRA it until it starts with the FAA. I don't want any gaps...last time I was uninsured for 3 days I broke 3 bones.

I think I may buy a fully refundable plane ticket for 8/4 to use as a backup and cancel if I don't need it.

hey you all, i just got to OKC today, ZDC bound in 4 months. But my mom just called today and said that i got the packet today.. 3 days before my class date ( which is this monday) be prepared everyone!! o and btw.. OKC is the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey you all, i just got to OKC today, ZDC bound in 4 months. But my mom just called today and said that i got the packet today.. 3 days before my class date ( which is this monday) be prepared everyone!! o and btw.. OKC is the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is way too close!!:eek:

Went to OKC today to get a feel for the area (I live 3 hours away as it is).

I sort of drove around the MMAC but it's kind of confusing. I'm sure I'll figure it out when classes start.

Also, I just wanted to throw this out there:

For those of you looking for a place to stay and you have a roommate, you might want to consider Montclair Parc. VERY NICE PLACE! I went to visit since I'll be living there and I was more than impressed!

So does FedEx require a signature for the packet or will they just drop it off at the front door and leave it? I am going out of town from the 27th-5th and figure that it will be my luck that my packet will come while I am gone and I will run into some sort of problem.

So does FedEx require a signature for the packet or will they just drop it off at the front door and leave it? I am going out of town from the 27th-5th and figure that it will be my luck that my packet will come while I am gone and I will run into some sort of problem.

They'll just leave it.

I was not asked for my welcome letter on my first day at the Academy. So if you don't get it before you come here, it is not a big deal. They just look at a list of folks they are expecting that day and check it against your ID. I thumbed through the other stuff, but I have never used any of it. About the only quasi-useful information you will get in there is the # to American Express travel if you are intending on flying. If you are starting to get nervous about booking your flight, there should be a # on your FOL to contact about your academy packet. She can provide you with that number, and your class dates if you need them.

Back