Just Ordered the I-Phone 3G S!

someone want to define dongle? :pirate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongle

A dongle is a small piece of hardware that connects to a computer or laptop.

In this particular case -

Nano_Receiver300x330.jpg

Sorry, didn't mean for that to be so condescending. I meant to put a smiley on it. :eek:
lol it's ok. I THOUGHT it was in jest and was about to put a ;) but then i thought if you were being condescending then my wink would be even MORE condescending.

lol cold hearted lady was she? New a guy in high school who liked to sound smarter by using big words...even if he didn't know the meaning. Went up to a girl in his class and told her she had nice cartilage. He was looking for cleavage...but hey ears are hot too.

I wish verizon would have gotten the iphone deal. :banghead:

I hear you there. I have about a year left on my VZW contract and I most likely will be switching to a family plan for the wife and I. Anyone know how to get to refurbed Iphones out AT&T? They say the limit is one per household.

I too wish VZW had Iphone but I have talked to several reps and got the same story. VZW was approached by Apple first for the Iphone. Verizon told them a list of restrictions they needed on the phone and the features they wanted locked out and Apple told them to get lost.

I hate the fact that VZW locks out so many features and dumbs down their phones.

If you REALLY wanted to, you could get an iphone and there some pretty good hacks that can unlock for use with other carriers.

True but at least you aren't stuck with JUST ATT. Still not sure what I think about them. So far i get pretty crappy service in the little town I live in, and leaving a voice mail on an att phone makes me livid. Yes i bloody know when I can hang up!

not trying to rain on your party but i owned an iphone for 9 months and it just didnt get me off.

but it obviously has something people like, considering the volume it sells. i just had to go back to the treo. the iphone just seems eye candy to me.

I had a totally different experience. Bought the iphone with not so great expetations and it has surpassed everything for me. I use it so much more than I ever thought I would. Also your not stuck with ATT. Just jailbreak/unlock it and you can use on any network that has SIM cards. Works like a charm for me here in India, yet I have a US phone.

=Jason-

Microsoft/AT&T is offering 35% off if you go through Bing Cashback.

This only works with new contracts!

iPhone 3GS 16GB - $199 ($129.35 with Cashback)
iPhone 3GS 32GB - $299 ($194.35 with Cashback)
iPhone 3G 8GB - $99 ($64.35 with Cashback)
iPhone 3G 16GB - $149 ($96.85 with Cashback)
iPhone 3G 8GB (Refurb) - $79 ($51.35 with Cashback)
iPhone 3G 16GB (Refurb) - $129 (83.85 with Cashback)

1. Click here and you should see a link to get 35% off on the top

2. Follow popup instructions on AT&T's site to get the 35% off

3. Order your iPhone 3G!

Copied from http://spoofee.com

I have never had a phone "get me off", maybe I should look into one of these Treo's. Do they have a non-stick coating?? :crazy:

And, I think the OP knows what an iPhone will do for him, having owned one for 2 years.

He was "trying to rain on his party" otherwise he wouldn't have posted what he posted.

One time in Computer Graphics class the network had a "dongle error" and it locked all our computers. The professor then exclaims "There seems to be a problem with my dongle today, I think I should go see a doctor."

Tying this back to the iPhone, let me know how it goes, my vzw contract is up in a few months!

I could be wrong...but isn't a lot of the stuff that's neat about the next iPhone going to be available to 2nd gen owners when the software update is released?

You won't be getting the 3 megapixel camera or video recording with in camera video editing. Or the compass. Plus the new OLED screen.

You will get voice control, and picture texting (finally).

I have a 1st gen phone, so I'll be springing for the new 3GS, prolly doesn't make sense though if you're a 3G owner, yet.

You won't be getting the 3 megapixel camera or video recording with in camera video editing. Or the compass. Plus the new OLED screen.

You will get voice control, and picture texting (finally).

I have a 1st gen phone, so I'll be springing for the new 3GS, prolly doesn't make sense though if you're a 3G owner, yet.

The screen is still LCD, not OLED. Maybe next year. :(

Those of you that are already iPhone owners, how much does your bill run per month, and what are the details of your plan?

I'm a current VZW customer, and while I am satisfied with the company, I would love a handset like the iPhone. The problem is that 90% of my friends and family are on VZW, and I have free in network calling. I don't want to have a larger bill, and I am also concerned with the reliability of AT&T's network.

Those of you that are already iPhone owners, how much does your bill run per month, and what are the details of your plan?

I'm a current VZW customer, and while I am satisfied with the company, I would love a handset like the iPhone. The problem is that 90% of my friends and family are on VZW, and I have free in network calling. I don't want to have a larger bill, and I am also concerned with the reliability of AT&T's network.

I have been very happy with my AT&T service in the NJ area. My bill is about $95 a month, that includes 900 minutes, free nights and weekends, unlimited internet and 200 text messages. There is no insurance offered for the iPhone, so I bought a 3 year warranty from Squaretrade.com that cost me about $5 a month when averaged over the 3 years.

I wish verizon would have gotten the iphone deal. :banghead:

They will... Altho not in the way everyone thinks. Verizon uses CDMA and no one else in the world does. They will all be moving to the next generation of GSM probably in 1 or 2 years, and Verizon will be transferring its network to that system as well. So now the I phone will be compatible with both, and you will see it popping up with different carriers. Let’s just hope the Verizon Nazi's don't crap it up and cripple the features with their horrible laggy proprietary operating systems. If they do, bye bye Verizon. They ruined the Razr back in the day for all of you that remember that phone...

Back