I dont see Regional Airline FO in there??

It said we are still the top, included in Pilot, Co-pilots and flight engineers, that we average $119 K. Hahaha!

It said we are still the top, included in Pilot, Co-pilots and flight engineers, that we average $119 K. Hahaha!

Realize though, that this is how the public perceives pilots.....regional/mainline pilots included equally. This will only make trying to air problems with the industry vis-a-vis pay, work rules, safety, etc.....that much more difficult to do, and actually garner any public support.

A very rough (but for me pretty damn close) estimate is you add three zeros to the end of a pilot's hourly rate for the yearly salary.

ie first year pay is 19/hr.... Happy day! You're banking 19,000 this year!

Oh, it also says the best paying state for airline pilots is Texas! I wonder where in hell they pulled that from!?

HAHAHA I have a second job in the food industy, mentioned several times in the "worst paying jobs", because I can't live on my "best paying job" salary. To add a bit more irony I live and work in TX, the "best paying state for pilots" :laff:

I'm going to double, if not triple, what I would have been making at ASA during 2nd year pay this year at my new position.

Going to be real tough to go back to flying and turn away from that type of money. Although, I'm afraid I'll be working harder than I have ever before. So, perhaps it won't be that hard.

That said, guess how much money I invested in training for my new position - zero. Quite the ROI.

I went to look at an apartment complex and the lady asked what I do for a living. When I told her I was an airline pilot...she told me "I'm sorry but the maximum income you can make to rent here is $45,000 a year". I told her I don't think that will be a problem for me.

I went to look at an apartment complex and the lady asked what I do for a living. When I told her I was an airline pilot...she told me "I'm sorry but the maximum income you can make to rent here is $45,000 a year". I told her I don't think that will be a problem for me.

Wow, they have a maximum salary for an apartment complex?

The next year or so will be pretty interesting for the airline industry. Seems to be a weird mix of economics, energy prices, public perception, and government scrutiny.

HAHAHA I have a second job in the food industy, mentioned several times in the "worst paying jobs", because I can't live on my "best paying job" salary. To add a bit more irony I live and work in TX, the "best paying state for pilots" :laff:

And the real irony of all of the above is I have been repeatedly turned away from interviews with the interviewer quoting that I am overqualified to work a fryer or bus a table.... WTF is wrong with that picture.... apparently I should stop telling them I am an airline pilot and that I am a lazy couch potato who has zero skills.... maybe then I can find a job.

And the real irony of all of the above is I have been repeatedly turned away from interviews with the interviewer quoting that I am overqualified to work a fryer or bus a table.... WTF is wrong with that picture.... apparently I should stop telling them I am an airline pilot and that I am a lazy couch potato who has zero skills.... maybe then I can find a job.

Still looking for work?

Where do you live? Have a Home Depot near?

Still looking for work?

Where do you live? Have a Home Depot near?

I don't imagine Home Depot's hiring much right now. Probably seeing a drop in sales considering most people don't have the $$$ to do renovations on their houses while builders and contractors are folding like cards.

Wow, they have a maximum salary for an apartment complex?

My apartment in MKE had a minimum that I made under and a maximum that I could make!

Low rent/rent-controlled housing. Largely young single mothers and Skyway pilots living at Newbury Place in Oak Creek.

Back