airlineapps.com pointer

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
I forgot to mention this, but the guy who created the service is one of my good friends and we had a chance to chat in the crew lounge about a month ago.

A couple of pointers he wanted me to pass on to you guys is:

1. Spelling counts BIG TIME
2. Grammar counts BIG TIME
3. What you type is exactly what the airline sees. They don't clean up the data for you because the employer is judging your attention to detail by what (and how) you enter the required data.

Just what I would do if I was the employer looking at the applications.

In this instance, those of us who use the language correctly can thank those who don't. :)

It's a big problem.

Apparently, some of the forms are filled out like they're SMS'ing their buddies.

I have one I would like to add.......how about addressing your cover letter to the correct employer? I would say 15% of the resumes I have are all addressed to the incorrect employer.

The earlier comment about the resumes looking like short-hand texting made me ROFL. I had one sent in that way and a few cover letters using short-hand. :rolleyes:

What about ZOMG? I think they tried importing some of their cars to the US back in the early 80's.

I love the lack of capitalization and SMS-style abbreviation! It's a shortcut for forming an opinion about a statement, rather than reading, comprehending, and assessing its merit.

What about ZOMG? I think they tried importing some of their cars to the US back in the early 80's.

Just another stupid form, I presume....

I love the lack of capitalization and SMS-style abbreviation! It's a shortcut for forming an opinion about a statement, rather than reading, comprehending, and assessing its merit.

Me, too.

Just another stupid form, I presume....

No, seriously! They were a competitor to Yugo.

I can't find out much about 'em now because their name is hidden among all the Google results for ZOMG. I think they were from Turkmenistan or somewhere around the Caspian.

You will be my hero of the internets if you can find more info about 'em.

Who are "they"? Was ZOMG an auto manufacturer or a vehicle? Either way, I doubt such a thing ever existed.

SMSing? People laugh at me when I call it that here. I guess texting is what the STL locals call it.

I forgot to mention this, but the guy who created the service is one of my good friends and we had a chance to chat in the crew lounge about a month ago.

A couple of pointers he wanted me to pass on to you guys is:

1. Spelling counts BIG TIME
2. Grammar counts BIG TIME
3. What you type is exactly what the airline sees. They don't clean up the data for you because the employer is judging your attention to detail by what (and how) you enter the required data.

I find it sad that you even had to write this post. :banghead:

Back