ExpressJet / United Express

v1valarob

Just read a thread on another forum, and then confirmed it on UAL.com

Looks like ExpressJet is doing CLE - IAD and EWR - IAD.

Whats up with this contract? How long? Who was doing this flying? Im excited to see an ExpressJet bird in IAD, Im guessing since apparently its a short term contract, they wouldnt get any planes painted.

They're also doing ORD-CLE, IAD-GSP/SAV. All I've found so far on ual.com. Any xjetters know more? Wasn't there a memo or some announcement today about this?

Who was doing these routes before? I know we all do the ORD-CLE turn (Mainline, TSA, SkyWest and Mesa all do it right now)

From a quick look, and knowing the block system that UAL has out IAD (8am, noon, 5pm, 8pm) It looks like they are adding these noon flights during the summer. At least the CLE flight looks that way.

Right now there is no noon flight to CLE, but in May there is. Im guessing this is flying that TSA thought they would be getting, but they arent.

I heard two or three weeks ago from a buddy at xjet, rumor in the xjet training department was this: "Xjet is picking up United Express flying from TSA."

I don't know anything else about it, especially if it was "at TSA expense" but I heard it earlier this month.

Flying that TSA thought they'd be getting sounds about right. All the more reason that noone at TSA should accept a contract without job security.

Countdown to Pinnacle management memo on how the greedy pilots and their desire for an "industry average" contract caused us to lose more flying in 3....2....1....

Countdown to Pinnacle management memo on how the greedy pilots and their desire for an "industry average" contract caused us to lose more flying in 3....2....1....

Well I like industry average performance too. So yeah, apparantly for us not to default on the Delta contract, we need to have something like 83% of our remaining flights come within A14 to get to our 75%. Ohhh I'm shakin! :rolleyes: I love how much I can help the company get their on time performance, considering they've called me once lol!

Well I like industry average performance too. So yeah, apparantly for us not to default on the Delta contract, we need to have something like 83% of our remaining flights come within A14 to get to our 75%. Ohhh I'm shakin! :rolleyes: I love how much I can help the company get their on time performance, considering they've called me once lol!

On of the PBS guys is in my recurrent. ATL = mad overstaffed, NWA side = normal Pinnacle staffing. I haven't seen the flight schedules, but from what I've heard, getting 75% A14 the way Delta builds them can be challenging.

On of the PBS guys is in my recurrent. ATL = mad overstaffed, NWA side = normal Pinnacle staffing. I haven't seen the flight schedules, but from what I've heard, getting 75% A14 the way Delta builds them can be challenging.

Well I wonder how they're going to fix the overstaffing? Displace us out of our bases? I'd like to know whereabouts the number of pilots they'd need in Atlanta would be cut off, since I'm 81/110. I started at 45 or so. I think it'd totally blow for the junior guys to get the pay shaft since the top-tier pay isn't as big a difference.

If you could maybe prod them into telling you what an "ideal" number is in each seat over here, I'd be very appreciative, knowing whether I'm going to be staying or going (again). :)

Hopefully the end of this short term contract in the fall wont coincide with another round of furloughs. But no one knows anything for sure. I'd be pretty bummed, seeing as I'm already about #320 to get recalled as it is.

Hopefully the end of this short term contract in the fall wont coincide with another round of furloughs. But no one knows anything for sure. I'd be pretty bummed, seeing as I'm already about #320 to get recalled as it is.

I have a bad feeling that's exactly what's going to happen.

Just a gut feeling, though. Every time I was told that things were just about to get better at Express, something went really wrong. I don't think it's because the company was attempting to mislead anybody, I think they honestly didn't expect Delta to cut the cord, branded to tank or Continental to cut block hours, but all those things happened.

ExpressJet just seems to have some horrible luck at times.

This was stated on the TSA board, but could UAL be preparing for a potential TSA strike this summer by putting XJet on some of our routes? The timing is about right...

We (Eagle) keep hearing that you guys (TSA and GoJet) are about to be grounded and UAL will dump you because of it.. Xjet for you guys and Skywest for GoJet.

Express pilots won't fly those routes if TSA strikes.
That would be like if xjet went on strike, CHQ refusing to fly the CAL routes awarded to them prior to the strike.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd bet it doesn't meet the definition of "struck work" if it's awarded months before a strike.

That would be like if xjet went on strike, CHQ refusing to fly the CAL routes awarded to them prior to the strike.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd bet it doesn't meet the definition of "struck work" if it's awarded months before a strike.

I think it's a little different when it's a temp contract eh?

We did receive a notice stating that XJT will be flying between IAD/ORD and ten other cities June-Sept.

Back