First 1000

Orange Anchor

I just noticed by count, I have just crossed the line with the first 1000 posts.

Thanks to those who have provided the cyber-conversation, debates and exchanges.

Congratulations! You're well on your way to being Old Skool, with the rest of the cool kids! :D

I just noticed by count, I have just crossed the line with the first 1000 posts.

Thanks to those who have provided the cyber-conversation, debates and exchanges.

Thank you Orange Anchor for your post's. I also like that cool bird in your avatar. Sweet!

Thank you Orange Anchor for your post's. I also like that cool bird in your avatar. Sweet!

Mine is not so colorful nor fast. But I was in it yesterday and on climb out, another aircraft coming into the pattern filled my window. Sometimes the big sky isn't so big.

Congratulations! You're well on your way to being Old Skool, with the rest of the cool kids! :D

Ain't never (southern double negative) been one of the cool kids. Did spend more than a few hours talking to the 'guidance counselor' though. Does that count?

OA,

It's fun getting to chat with my fellow birdmen on these forums although as the years have clicked off, I've got less and less to add to the conversation. But I've learned a lot about the biz since I retired. The expat world is particularly interesting although I'm not sure how willing I'd be to take some of the jobs I've heard about. I just live vicariously through my son's activities.

I am glad to see my fellow old guys still getting to fly if they want. As time goes by, I hear about more of my compatriots who've found work in far-flung places.

Is your model Citation a single-pilot operation ? A good buddy of mine from your alma mater flies a Bravo single pilot and is really enjoying himself.

We'll have to at least do lunch when the dust settles a bit for JK.

And you're looking for a 'catalog case', not a 'flight kit'. Unless, of course, your pockets are fat!

Is your model Citation a single-pilot operation ? A good buddy of mine from your alma mater flies a Bravo single pilot and is really enjoying himself.

We'll have to at least do lunch when the dust settles a bit for JK.

We don't do single pilot and I don't have the single pilot for our CJ either. From what I can see, if you buy a jet and are not owner/operator and do operate single pilot the risk/reward is just not there. X millions for the jet versus $x0,000 for a second pilot? True. Most of the time the environment is not going to need that second 'wet computer' or extra hands but...

As for ex-pat jobs, I came close to going back to Vietnam but missed the cut-off by a few months. Flying out of Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City 30-35 yrs later. That would have been a book that would write itself.

Also, was headed to Bangalore as a check airman when some events intervened. That too would have been a book that would come easy.

Also saw and sent in a resume for flying the re-engined, rebuilt DC-3, the BT-67. Now that would have been a real challenge harkening back to Vietnam and flying against the bad guys.

baslerBT67mauritanianairforceafterlanding.jpg

Now? The C-II is enough. 2-3hr flts. Nice people. Nice airports. Civilization versus rustic? No thanks.

Ain't never (southern double negative) been one of the cool kids. Did spend more than a few hours talking to the 'guidance counselor' though. Does that count?

Eh, don't worry---I was never one of the cool kids either. I turned out ok, too! :) You--guidance counselor? Are you trying to say you were a "problem child?" ;)

In all seriousness--I'm glad you're a member of the JC community. You always add so much for every discussion. As I always say, nothin' better than a smart man! :nana2:

Back