Beautiful Airliners

Yeah, the 141s here at DM didn't last long at all in storage, mainly because they took up too much space, so they were cut up quick.

885b5eac37.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/885b5eac37.jpg

Goodbye sweetheart!

DSCF2048.jpg

FedEx 722 (N270FE) given to Southern University Aeronautical Engineering School at KDTN downtown Shreveport, back in Nov 2008.

1316476.jpg

I don't know. Cool pic and beautiful 727.

SpaceShuttleEndeavour25.jpg

Snapped this at Barksdale when they stopped for a layover and fuel. Returning to the Cape. 2008 2 great birds in 1 shot.

Fedex has given a number of it's 727s away to tech colleges, etc? There's one at Pima College at TUS, and there was one at the Federal Training Center at Georgia to train on.

The NASA 74s live here where I am.

Fedex has given a number of it's 727s away to tech colleges, etc? There's one at Pima College at TUS, and there was one at the Federal Training Center at Georgia to train on.

We got one at Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake.

Yeah, I believe that's pretty noble of FedEx to give these 727's to schools to enhance learning on such a plane. As much as I am heart broken that the life of the 727 is coming to a slow close, it's great that some of these planes get a second life to teach.

I heard that Southern University here, "MIGHT" be inline to recieve a 2nd 727 from FedEx in the, not 2 distant future. Guess we'll see.

As far as NASA's 74's, isn't there 3 of those in the inventory? And, ever had the chance to chat with any of the pilots that ferry the shuttle? Just would be cool to hear how the flight characteristics are on the 747 when you have a, "DC-9" riding shotgun on top. :laff:

Can't believe it took so long for someone to suggest the Connie.

Yeah sure 727, Dak, Mustang (you forgot the Spitfire) but the Constellation is the first last and only choice for flying beauty.

Is that Connie still sitting on the ramp at Manilla ?
There's still two on the ramp at at Sao Tome.

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]
1195714.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back