En-route April 15th

"anyone interested? corporate housing www.faarooms.com. if there are 3 people then we save a lot of money plus carpooling is an option so we could also save on gas." - Pmetzger

Since this is the April 15th thread, I thought I would put Pmetzger's post about housing in here as well.

I am totally interested. Anyone interested in living with 2 Phil's? That is, of course, if Pmetzger is interested in going for a 3 person situation. It saves a TON of money and the place looks really nice.

I am easy to live with and am VERY good at doing dishes.

Got mine too... Fed-Ex didn't even put it in-between both doors. Just left the damned thing laying in broad daylight. :banghead:

*Edit*

Anyone else getting butterflies yet? I think mine have metamorphosed into small birds.

Mine came on Friday. Wasn't getting worried about it yet, but it is a relief knowing it didn't get lost or I didn't fall through the cracks. I envisioned it not coming until the very last minute. Now I am just ready to get this class going.

Just found out Fri that someone backed out and I will be attending the 4/15 class date. Really pumped and ready to go. Now I have to find a place to stay.

It's a straight shot South. I just confirmed my reservation yesterday and the girl said they're not "over-booked" or anything.

Google maps says:

Walnut Gardens Suites
6700 NW 16th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73127

Driving directions to Us FAA
7.6 mi – about 20 mins

Do eet.

When ya coming down? I came early to get settled in, I'll eat a few days of non-per diem. Just got unpacked :D

When ya coming down? I came early to get settled in, I'll eat a few days of non-per diem. Just got unpacked :D

You are here already?? You must be crazy to WANT to come to this god forsaken place so early.......... Send me a PM if you want to meet up, a few of us are planning to go to a local Arena Football game tomorrow night.......

Are you excited yet?

Very excited, and I had the few extra days to blow, so I came down. It really doesn't seem that bad, except no one knows how to drive. I did have money saved, but I'm "taking it easy" until the per diem starts flowing, just because. :)

Oh, and hey - what the hell are the squiggly lines painted on the roads??

Very excited, and I had the few extra days to blow, so I came down. It really doesn't seem that bad, except no one knows how to drive. I did have money saved, but I'm "taking it easy" until the per diem starts flowing, just because. :)

Oh, and hey - what the hell are the squiggly lines painted on the roads??

Are you talking about the squiqqly ones painted in the middle of the lanes? I am not sure but my guess is they are a painted version of the slippery when wet signs you see in other places..... Don't quote me on that. Its only $10 bucks for a ticket tonight and you can meet a bunch of guys down here, besides I can show you what your in for since I got it all at my apartment.

Small warning to anyone who DOES stay at Walnut Gardens - make sure your PC security is set to "super ninja secret service" level. I left my network sharing on (clicked "home" location in Vista), which was an extremely idiotic move. There are apparently people on this network who like to "toy around."

I won't bore you with the rest of the details :)

Small warning to anyone who DOES stay at Walnut Gardens - make sure your PC security is set to "super ninja secret service" level. I left my network sharing on (clicked "home" location in Vista), which was an extremely idiotic move. There are apparently people on this network who like to "toy around."

I won't bore you with the rest of the details :)
Did they give you a bunch of interesting movies to watch?? :D

Back