q400 pilots disappearing

row9

Wow, these are turbulent times on the q side. A couple captains fired, a couple fo's fired, and a couple "resignations", including a recent mystery one. (the other one wasn't a surprise, someone that hits fo's should have been gone long before)

How are things on the saab side? Any firing? I guess you can thank your lucky stars you're not in newark.

Wow, these are turbulent times on the q side. A couple captains fired, a couple fo's fired, and a couple "resignations", including a recent mystery one. (the other one wasn't a surprise, someone that hits fo's should have been gone long before)

How are things on the saab side? Any firing? I guess you can thank your lucky stars you're not in newark.

What are they getting canned for?

Yeah you can't come on posting stuff like that and leave us wondering. Have you ever seen JC speculation? Hitting the FO? WOW

A CA that hit FOs? That trip would end for me at the end of that leg, whatever city we were in.

Perhaps they shouldn't have been Captains in the first place. After accidents, the FAA has a way of weeding out the weak players.

Of course, Colgan should have weeded them out first, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Just a personal opinion, but I think the hitting incident has been blown way out of proportion over time. Then again I don't really know the guy, although I did fly with him a few times as an FO. He never hit me. It seems like every year or so this topic is brought up all with the same responses. Old story/rumor.

Since we're posting movie classics.....The War Lover, with Steve McQueen. Great flick.....and CRM. :D

[yt]ewi-bPXFo_M[/yt]

We've got a Captain out here at XJ that hits FO's.

Me. I hit them hard enough they don't talk about it. Always take them for ice cream afterwards though.

(new rumor mill about XJ starting in 5..4...3...2....1... and go!)

Perhaps they shouldn't have been Captains in the first place. After accidents, the FAA has a way of weeding out the weak players.

Of course, Colgan should have weeded them out first, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

This is just me being a conspiracy theorist, but don't some companies fire a lot of pilots through training to keep the FAA from nosing around too much? That would make a bunch of sense, with the accident, like you said.

Just a personal opinion, but I think the hitting incident has been blown way out of proportion over time. Then again I don't really know the guy, although I did fly with him a few times as an FO. He never hit me. It seems like every year or so this topic is brought up all with the same responses. Old story/rumor.

Exaggerated perhaps, but apparently not untrue. I was in the jumpseat on a DH one day and the FO was TDY from that CA's base and told us the story of how he had been hit. What neither me or the CA that day could believe was that he continued the flight. IIRC according to the story it happened on the taxi out...and it was not an unintentional/by accident sort of thing. So either the FO was full of it or it really was true...

(the other one wasn't a surprise, someone that hits fo's should have been gone long before)

I heard that the other night from a couple of guys in my crashpad that he finally retired. About time that dip left. Only one of two Captains that consistently scared the crap out of me when I was there.

Here in India it's actually expected for the Captains to hit their FO's. Seriously, my FO's are very surprised I havn't hit them but oohh how I so much want to sometimes.

=Jason-

Here in India it's actually expected for the Captains to hit their FO's.
=Jason-

You've got to be kidding us. Do the capt and FO still go to dinner on the layover after His Eminence has smacked the guy around ? That must be a fun evening...

CRM hasn't filtered into India yet ? Or common civility ? I understand there are cultural differences but...sheesh !! :laff::laff:

If a CA hit me it would be a severe moral dilema- beat the out of him, or report him.... Both are not good consequences but it would take all the professionalism I could muster not to beat him. I've never been swung at in the cockpit though...

Back