DAL Business Elite

-=Deniz=-

Hey all, I have a flight on DAL next month (April 12) and I'm gonna be traveling in the above mentioned class on DAL. The flight is gonna be 10.5hrs going and 11.5 coming back. I just wanted to know if anyone here has flown in it, whats it like? I think the plane is gonna be a 76 out of JFK. Comments/opinions are always appreciated:rawk:

It's nice.

The seats aren't quite as good as Continental in my opinion but they are still great. The 767-400 is the one I want to try...lie flat.

Delta does have an edge over CAL and US over the Atlantic in the headphones department. They will give you a noise cancelling pair for the flight (they will take it back near landing).

Good food, pretty good entertainment choices (not as good as CAL AVOD but still great and enough for a long flight).

You won't get bored!

There is a power port on the armrest near the back if you bring your laptop or anything else electronic along. MacBook white square thing just barely fits if you have that.

It's nothing special compared to European & Asian carriers...

Yes, I have only sampled one of those not in coach class which was EVA on the upper deck of the 747 and EVA is supposed to be the worst in Asia and it was incredible service still!

I have yet to see any personal entertainment have more variety than Qantas, and I was in coach for that. Entertainment in coach on Qantas was way better than in business class on United!

pretty cool! I'm excited it looks like it'll be a 767-300ER to IST/LTBA. Too bad about them collecting the headphones,it's a good thing I only steal safety cards,portable dvd players and seat belt buckles!

You'll get the royal treatment.

In other words DAL keeps the flight attendants with personalities and people skills for that job. You won't feel like a bum begging for cookies and coke on a city bus like you do on DAL domestic flights.

I'm taking a 777 from atl-dxb. I have yet to get business elite. Me thinks the economy will help me this time.

I just had my first DAL BusinessElite experience coming back from AMS->ATL yesterday. Now, I've only ridden 'first class' a couple of times, and it was all domestic.. and this just blew my mind. It was a 767-400ER, if that makes much of a difference. The seats we're freakin' awesome, and the food was amazing.

The 10 hour flight was so much nicer and more refreshing than even a 2 or 3 hour domestic flight. Really, I was amazed. In fact, I was a bit sad for the flight to end.. haha

The seats are pretty comfortable, although I must admit that the "old style" businessElite seats in my opinion were a bit softer than the current ones. The service is pretty decent, not tremendously consistent across the board, but for a US carrier in this economy it's quite good. Sometimes you luck out with a phenomenal crew that goes out of their way, other times you get the senior mamas who seem to not quite care. I have had an FA throw a table cloth on my table. The food (especially the new Michelle Bernstein menus) is quite yummy..if soup is an option TAKE IT! On the westbound flights, try to stay awake midflight for this chocolate chip cookies too :)

Enjoy the flight! God I miss my nonrev days:(

Safe travels!

Hey all, I have a flight on DAL next month (April 12) and I'm gonna be traveling in the above mentioned class on DAL. The flight is gonna be 10.5hrs going and 11.5 coming back. I just wanted to know if anyone here has flown in it, whats it like? I think the plane is gonna be a 76 out of JFK. Comments/opinions are always appreciated:rawk:

Where ya flying?

the soups are awesome!!! and you can take the little goodie bag that has the socks, lotion, toothbrush etc in it.

Well, this month the mushroom soup is awesome. If next month they're running the thai coconut, get all over that.

Two more months until I am once again a Delta International food and movie critic. :D I'm looking forward to the condo.

Wow! sounds great! sorry If I wasn't able to get back to you guys, I appreciate your comments though. It's Sunday. Anyway.....

Where ya flying?

I'm going KJFK>LTBA on april 12th and returning LTBA>KJFK on April 17th, the flights are DAL 72 and 73. I really can't wait! thanks you guys!

LTBA....Lower Europe....Turkey.... Oh, Istanbul! Look for me arriving on the 17th. You'll be flying the plane back to JFK that I just brought in! Unless, of course, I swap the trip for something getting back earlier.

I can alter my trip when are you gonna return? Is it a 3 day? I know delta doesn't have daily service to Turkey, so if you know when they do fly out there I'd like to know! Im only staying a week to visit with family and get some cool stuff from the bazaar! It's actually kind of awkward because I'm the only half black turk the local kids have a field day!

Oh snap (completely unrelated) I just realised my bro is gonna be wearing the delta uniformnext month so I get his NWA one! sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'll wear it around the JFK parking lot)

Back