Multi-Engine Prices at your flight school

Hey Guys just wanting to get an idea about what some of the prices are for Twins around the country.

Please include the type of airplane and its hourly rate.

Thanks

I heard rumor that you guys just got an Aztec or Apache, I can' remember what I was told, any truth there?

And...I'm sure you already know but its $240hr for the Seminoles at HIO, no fuel surcharge...at the moment ;)

Mine is ridiculous.

PA-23-180: $285 or $265 block hour. Both prices are wet.

I think $60/hr for an MEI.

A 50 year old airframe for so much money. At least it is the Geronimo conversion so it has some balls.

The only reason why I am getting my CMEL in this aircraft is because I automatically get the block rate and I don't have to pay for the MEI as an employee.

Are you using Aspen? I thought the whole point of that Twinstar was to make a cheaper twin? With the small amount of fuel it was supposed to burn where are the costs coming from? Don't they sell for about the same as a new Seminole?
2 places:
1. Paying off the brand-new airplane.
2. Thielert went bankrupt and is charging ungodly prices for parts, which, because Thielert engines are junk, are needed quite often.

Are you using Aspen? I thought the whole point of that Twinstar was to make a cheaper twin? With the small amount of fuel it was supposed to burn where are the costs coming from? Don't they sell for about the same as a new Seminole?

Yes. It used to be $220ish until everything went down with Thielert. We had to up the prices in the hope that would it would fly less. I know, sounds strange but it was flying close to if not more than 100hrs a month when we got it. The hopes of the owner is that if the price is upped it will near the dreaded engine replacement time when Diamond will be able to provide a replacement.

Yes. It used to be $220ish until everything went down with Thielert. We had to up the prices in the hope that would it would fly less. I know, sounds strange but it was flying close to if not more than 100hrs a month when we got it. The hopes of the owner is that if the price is upped it will near the dreaded engine replacement time when Diamond will be able to provide a replacement.

Odd, but I guess I can see the logic... So why are Aspen's G1000 172s and newer 172s so expensive? $142/hr seems unusually hight for the area when the school down the road is around $120/hr.

I would like to to some flying soon, and live right next to Centennial...

KAXH
PA34-200 with new engines/props and IFR GPS
$190 Wet
$164 Wet 50 hour time building package
$40 MEI

Mine is ridiculous.

PA-23-180: $285 or $265 block hour. Both prices are wet.

I think $60/hr for an MEI.

A 50 year old airframe for so much money. At least it is the Geronimo conversion so it has some balls.

The only reason why I am getting my CMEL in this aircraft is because I automatically get the block rate and I don't have to pay for the MEI as an employee.

That's outrageous. I pay 185/hr dual for the Apache with Miller conversion in Montana.

Hate to sound like I'm gloating, but here in the land of aloha I did my multi in a PA23 for $185 an hour, wet, with instructor!

There are a lot of nice people here.

Back