I made the tower laugh pretty hard today

*Learjet takes off, accelerating in ground effect to the end of the 10000' runway, then blasts off at some insane deck angle*
Me: Those Learjet drivers are crazy
Tower lady: I love it!

Merrill tower made me laugh the other day.

"Cessna 339 make right traffic, cleared to land two-fiveeeeeeee":laff:

I think it was the end of his shift, because then a female voice came over from tower.

We were also watching for party balloons:)

i wish more airports (read: controllers) had a sense of humor.

i love the transylvania and vampire atis. i put out a "halloween" atis.

Problem is some • puts a dent in an airplane and before you know it Dracula's getting sued. It's the American way.

On ground at SQL after coming in from an XC.

"Taxi to Diamond via Mike good day."

"Diamond via Mike ya'll have a sparklin day now"

"Rain'n Champagne baby."(In a flawless Berry White impression)

I cracked up so hard I accidentally turned onto Lima. Also had a little fun with a controller at MER the other day when I had to pull up to the Tower/FBO to let my girlfriend use the bathroom while I let the engine run at idle. When she goes in I get a call from ground. "Hey man, she's cute, mind if we give her a little tour?" to which I replied "Only if you can get me out of here before she notices." Funny guys, too bad the FAA is so strict with them on stuff like this, I'm sure there would be a lot more loose lips on the radio otherwise.

I was waiting around the airport for IslandFlyer to get in for the Dallas M&G last weekend and it was a fairly busy pattern so I hear this.

"cessna xxxxx extend your downwind please for spacing"
"no problem, you want to call our base or what?"
"eh just count to 10 in Spanish and you should be good"
"hahaha yea well I actually speak Spanish"
"well in that case smarty count to 10 in French"

I was waiting around the airport for IslandFlyer to get in for the Dallas M&G last weekend and it was a fairly busy pattern so I hear this.

"cessna xxxxx extend your downwind please for spacing"
"no problem, you want to call our base or what?"
"eh just count to 10 in Spanish and you should be good"
"hahaha yea well I actually speak Spanish"
"well in that case smarty count to 10 in French"

"Looks like we've got ourselves a bilingual bloodfest."

RVS in Tulsa is like that. Flew out of there for a little over two years. Had a Chinese student request taxi to Riverside Fright center.

The best was when the Chinese keyed up the mic. RIGHT before you and requested clearance, then tried to read it back......

"Raaaaaaa, Sparrrtann 42oooo, clEEEareddd, raaaaaaaaaaaa, diectt toooooo.............Sti-wataaaaa ass fileaaad. Asssspect tree-twousandddd.........................fooooo-towasnddd 10 minute aftaaaa twakeofff. Departaaaaaa 12fooo.0, Swakkk 43 aaaaa 10.......................(then in perfect English)....Spartan 42"

Indian not Chinese!!!

would you like some Fried Lice?

And Thennnnnnnnnnn?

You must not have been around early enough to have the Chinese experience.

Good times......:D

SYR Tower is awesome! Every single day you hear something funny.

N1234: N1234 Checking in 5500. So yeah, I used to be an enroute controller for 37 years.
SYR: Roger N1234, Altimeter 2997 and you know what they say about the enroute guys?
N1234: 2997, and what is that?
SYR: They say that they are only there for pilots to talk to between talking to the REAL(Terminal) controllers!

That reminds me of an converstaion I overheard the other day. I Was taxiing out for my run-up and heard this:

"New Smyrna Ground, this is Arjun something Indian" "Good morning Arjun, this is George, how can I help you today?"

I was laughing so hard, I had to stop taxiing......

Of course I changed the names to protect the innocent....

New Smyrna is the best! ... on a really windy day I was out practicing some crosswind landings for the hell of it, and there used to be this young controller out of St. Augustine *I THINK* ..anyways she was being more the accommodating with my short approach requests and all that...

EVB : "Cessna 123 short approach approved, cleared to land 11...good luck it is getting pretty windy now...wind 090@15G25"

Me: "If I can touch down on the numbers and stop before 4th runway stripe want to go have a drink or something?"

EVB: "Not sure if my husband would like that but let's take a look...cleared for the option 11"

...of course I flew ALLL the way past the numbers and did some hybrid crosswind/crash landing

all the pilots got on the frequency "crash and burrrrrn....good job slick"

EVB: "Better luck next time Cessna 123...nice try though!....taxi to the Epic ramp and monitor ground .9"

great place to fly out of I would say :D

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old old wooden ship used during the civil war era

Back