I made the tower laugh pretty hard today

Nickel 01, the lead (and sq/cc) of a 4-ship of vipers from the 555th FS to departure today, "Departure, Nickel 1 passing five fifty-five for five thousand".

I guess he's got it down so well now that he at least sounds cool when he says it. I haven't had any of the other Triple Nickle leads use the line, though.

Was with a student on his first Dual X-C, Our home base airport is addressed as "Penticton Radio" so we launch to our first enroute airport for a full stop, taxi to parking, shut down, pee break, then flash er back up and precede to the next airport, the 1st enroute airport is addressed as "Kelowna", same runway configs at both runways, Kelowna is known as a very moody airport with re: the controllers...none the less, we taxxied and were holding short of 16 in KELOWNA..and student says "PENTICTON RADIO, Cessna 172 blah blah blah, Holding short of 16 at Delta, ready for take off" right away I thought :banghead::laff::p Kelowna is gonna be pissed, and the particular tower controller workin is very moody on the radio so I thought we were gonna get a ear full, But amazingly the controller came back on laughing "HJC, this is KELOWNA TOWER, and NOT PENTICTON RADIO, But I have been called worse, Its all good, cleared for take off, runway 16, #1, Right turnout for Oyama departure"

I was :confused::confused::nana2::nana2: they are awfully friendly today, Haha. funny none the less.

I accidentally called told tower I was at 25 at Charlie. They laughed, and called back telling me I was actually at 7.:banghead::p

First tower I worked was a VFR tower with 5 FBO's. We were inundated with complaints about sending planes to FBO's and playing favorites as they all wanted business. I got so sick of the complaints and being drug into the middle. Fast forward and a cessna lands requesting gas. My response, " We got 5 FBO's on this airport and I dont reccommend any one of them!" Needless to say I got some more complaints.

I decided not to post the things that were said on the radio today (waiting 45 days for the tapes to get recorded over).

I immediately regret this decision.

MALSR at my airport: inop since March 2008 (construction).
Transponder on NXXLU: inop since March 20 2009.

Ground: NXXLU verify that squawk code.
NXXLU (me): Uh ground we're negative transponder today.
Ground: Disregard then.
NXXLU: Sorry about that.
Ground: When are you gonna get that fixed?
NXXLU: 'Bout the same time y'all get the MALSR workin'.
Ground: Ouch.

I decided not to post the things that were said on the radio today (waiting 45 days for the tapes to get recorded over).

I immediately regret this decision.

"ITS TERRIBLE, SHE HAS BEAUTIFUL EYES AND HER HAIR SMELLS LIKE CINNAMON!"

MALSR at my airport: inop since March 2008 (construction).
Transponder on NXXLU: inop since March 20 2009.

Ground: NXXLU verify that squawk code.
NXXLU (me): Uh ground we're negative transponder today.
Ground: Disregard then.
NXXLU: Sorry about that.
Ground: When are you gonna get that fixed?
NXXLU: 'Bout the same time y'all get the MALSR workin'.
Ground: Ouch.

Heh heh, that's pretty funny.

I was coming back from Naples to Daytona Beach and I had to divert...to New Symerna. Any way after a rather interesting and tublent and DARK approach. We made our left on to the taxiway. The conversation was as follows:

US: 'Twr we are a little unfimilar with this airport, request progressive.'
TWR: 'Straight ahead to whatever taxi way an make a left, then right and right on the ramp.' i obviously dont remember the route any more.
US: 'correct read back...'it was at this time the skies OPENED up with rain and wind and i think I saw a puppy dog or two fly by. We couldnt see past our nose.
US: 'Tower we are unsure where we are at can we get those instructions again?'
TWR: 'I would love to...but I can't see where you are at. Are you at the end of a taxiway at all?'
US: a little nervous at this point, and its still crapping rain and wind and now kitty cats are dropping out of the sky. 'Uhh, I think so...I think thats a ramp infront of me.'
TWR: 'Alright make a left and the ramps on the right'

sure enough we look left, taxi a few feet and the ramp comes into view. I was never more happy to see a ramp. I then got to log .3 PIC for the flight to Daytona.

One last thing, I'm going to pay by check.

not even the same thing, but... last week I sawr a film, as I recall it was a horror film.

I'm going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.

They've done studies you know... 90% of the time it works, every time.

"ITS TERRIBLE, SHE HAS BEAUTIFUL EYES AND HER HAIR SMELLS LIKE CINNAMON!"

Its anchorMAN not anchorLADY and that is a scientific fact!!

If you were a man I would punch you. That's bush! Bush league!

Scholars maintain the translation was lost years ago...

Back