"Janet" hiring again...

gna_in_lgb

They're looking for FA's as well:
https://www.urs.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=34980&CurrentPage=1

Must possess background and experience sufficient to pilot a Boeing 737 aircraft. Must hold an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Administration. Must hold a First Class Medical Certificate issued by the FAA. Minimum 2500 hours of flying time. Work is primarily sedentary, with some walking, bending, stretching and climbing. Lifting up to 40 pounds may be required. Must be able to qualify for a TS/SSBI security clearance.

DESIRED QUALIFICATION:
3000 hrs. of flying time, a B-737 Type Rating, and an active TS/SSBI security clearance

Wonder what special skills an FA for Janet needs to have? Tentacle removal techniques? Speak Alien fluently?

Transporting ET's would probably be better and more civilized than your average commercial flight though - probably a higher class of passenger.

DESIRED QUALIFICATION:
3000 hrs. of flying time, a B-737 Type Rating, and an active TS/SSBI security clearance

I've heard several times that a contractor has to pay $25k for a SSBI. That would be more expensive than paying for a type.

I wish I still had a current one:(

I've heard several times that a contractor has to pay $25k for a SSBI. That would be more expensive than paying for a type.

I wish I still had a current one:(

Yeah but if you held one before, it is MUCH easier to get another one. I have heard the FBI agent needs to really only research through the lapse.
That saves alot of money versus going to interview every person you have ever known.

Yeah but if you held one before, it is MUCH easier to get another one. I have heard the FBI agent needs to really only research through the lapse.
That saves alot of money versus going to interview every person you have ever known.

The FBI seldom do backgrounds on any thing less than a Yankee/White (white house) TS clearance anymore. Most of its done by contract Investigators (Usually retired FBI agents:D)

Unfortunately (vis a vis SSBI), I have lived overseas 12 of the last 15 years, 2 in Amsterdam and 10 in Spain with a lot of travelling around on bidness.
I had a reserve job lined up about 4 yrs ago that required a SSBI, but after almost 2 years of waiting for investigators to go overseas, I moved on. Apparently with the backlog, they couldnt be bothered having to go overseas. Besides all that second hand smoke in Holland probably qualifies me as a doper.

When I was getting my 737 last year some of the instuctors were ex-miiltary and said the TS background checks were about 40K if wanted to fly for Janet and you didn't have one.

I also heard that they may be getting NG's in the near future and retiring the -200's

Do you think with some clever freedom of information act request, one can actually figure out the actual name for Area 52?

Back