Accredited 141 Flight Schools?

jspeed87

I'm having trouble finding flight schools that are accredited for Stafford loans and Federal loans. The only 2 I found are Ari Ben Aviator and Delta Connection Academy. Are these the only 2? :confused:

I'm having trouble finding flight schools that are accredited for Stafford loans and Federal loans. The only 2 I found are Ari Ben Aviator and Delta Connection Academy. Are these the only 2? :confused:

Embry Riddle is.

You have a better shot of going through Sallie Mae to find a school who can get you loans, if that is the route you are looking to take.

There are many more of those out there. Wings field (LOM) in PA as well as Hortman Aviation at North East Philadelphia (PNE) are two off the top of my head that might be in driving distance for you. I think Princeton airport (39N) might be able to also, but i am not certain.

Good luck.

Embry Riddle is.

You have a better shot of going through Sallie Mae to find a school who can get you loans, if that is the route you are looking to take.

There are many more of those out there. Wings field (LOM) in PA as well as Hortman Aviation at North East Philadelphia (PNE) are two off the top of my head that might be in driving distance for you. I think Princeton airport (39N) might be able to also, but i am not certain.

Good luck.
Embry Riddle is a 4 year college so thats a given. I'm looking for academies that are accredited. Do you know if ATP is?

There are very few non-college aviation schools accredited by the Dept. of Education for Stafford or other federal programs (you mentioned the two that I knew about). There are many commercial companies that make "federally backed" private student loans for aviation schools.

But, there is a huge difference between the two, one is administered by the DOE and provides Grants and small loans, the others are "profit driven" lending institutions (some would say loan sharks) whose loans are backed by the government.

I would not recommend the latter, it wouldn't be wise to put yourself into a lot of rather high interest debt, just to get into a job market that's, shall we say, in a downward spiral:D

I believe the DOE website has a search function that you can look for aviation schools that are accredited, but of those two the only others I've found were colleges or universities .

I actually had someone call the school I work at today and ask about that. I thought the only flight schools that were accredited were 4yr colleges or universities that have a flight program?! :confused:

Unless something has changed in the last year and a half, DCA does not do Stafford or Federal loans, just commercial education loans.

As others have said, you're basically looking at four-year colleges with flight training programs, with the caveat that even in their case, a lot of the time your loan covers your book work, but you're responsible for your flight training costs.

I actually had someone call the school I work at today and ask about that. I thought the only flight schools that were accredited were 4yr colleges or universities that have a flight program?! :confused:

It surprised me too. Ari Ben Aviator and Delta Connection Academy are accredited and backed by Commission for Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)

Make sure you check with the school, because accreditation by an recognized agency does not mean they are approved for Stafford, Pell, PLUS or other federal programs. I do believe it is one of the criteria though.

Okay, well I think the question I got asked this morning is a lil different, cause the guy was military and said he found out that he can get his benefits to pay for private pilot if he uses tuition assistance at an accreditated school. I believe the military tuition assistance program will only pay for accredited colleges and universities. I don't think he could go enroll at ATP or something and use his TA even if they are accredited?! However, he probably could go to ERAU and maybe be able to have TA pay for his PPL that way. :confused: We are VA approved but that only covers Instrument and Commercial.

There's one in Northeast Ohio, but I'd recommend GIA before them. Tread carefully and YMMV 'n all that.

-mini

Tread VERY carefully. Some schools only got the accreditation to look better when in reality the school still is terrible.

*Cough*NE Ohio School*Cough*

Tread VERY carefully. Some schools only got the accreditation to look better when in reality the school still is terrible.

*Cough*NE Ohio School*Cough*

So what are you saying? :)

Are they really still in business?

Very much so. I seriously can't believe they still have instructors there, but then again there is nowhere else to instruct around here.

Back