Accredited 141 Flight Schools?

Very much so. I seriously can't believe they still have instructors there, but then again there is nowhere else to instruct around here.
I interviewed there a while back. Two days of wasted time and they still hadn't told me how much they wanted to pay me. When they finally did, I laughed and walked out.

You can become acredited by writing a check and that's what they did, IMO.

-mini

I interviewed there a while back. Two days of wasted time and they still hadn't told me how much they wanted to pay me. When they finally did, I laughed and walked out.

You can become acredited by writing a check and that's what they did, IMO.

-mini

Don't blame you. I can't believe they had people that moved from out of state to work there. The funny thing is that the owners tried to make me thing that CFI gigs were far and few between and they got hundreds of resumes, and this was right at the beginning of the hiring boom for airlines.

I think the main reason they are in business is because they can put on a good show for a new customer. They also get all the new local customers because all the airport signs lead to Akron Flight and none lead to my part of the field. Unfortunately, new people to aviation usually visit one flight school and then stay there because they don't know any better.

Dont tell me it AWFA in Akron, OH? If it is - stay awaaaaaaaaaaaaay.!

Don't blame you. I can't believe they had people that moved from out of state to work there. The funny thing is that the owners tried to make me thing that CFI gigs were far and few between and they got hundreds of resumes, and this was right at the beginning of the hiring boom for airlines.

I think the main reason they are in business is because they can put on a good show for a new customer. They also get all the new local customers because all the airport signs lead to Akron Flight and none lead to my part of the field. Unfortunately, new people to aviation usually visit one flight school and then stay there because they don't know any better.

I had one of their customers come to me to finish up his private. He was a mess. Finally got him to pilot an aircraft safely and competently. They had him scared to death with the "if you stall, you will spin...you will die" private pilot ground initiation and he was flying patterns at 90 knots down final wondering why he couldn't land a 172.

They're in business because one of the company principles inherited a boat ton of money and they can continue to write checks that their damn near incompetent instructional capabilities are unable to cover.

Dont tell me it AWFA in Akron, OH? If it is - stay awaaaaaaaaaaaaay.!
I'm not saying anything further...
:tmyk:

-mini

Back