Colgan Pilots ALPA Election Results.......

Guess which JC member made his way into the ALPA press release? None other than the hairy beast himself!

Colgan Air Pilots Vote to Join ALPA

Last update: 7:56 p.m. EST Dec. 17, 2008

WASHINGTON, Dec 17, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- NMB Election Results Show Overwhelming Support for Union

The Air Line Pilots Association, Int'l (ALPA), welcomes today's announcement by the National Mediation Board (NMB) that the pilots of Colgan Air, Inc., have selected the union as their collective bargaining representative. According to the NMB, 313 of 449 eligible voters cast a ballot in support of representation, well above the threshold required for certification. Prior to the election, the Colgan pilots were unrepresented.

"We are pleased that the pilots of Colgan Air have elected to join the 53,000 members of ALPA and secure the benefits of representation by a powerful international union," said Capt. John Prater, president of ALPA. "We look forward to working with them to improve their careers and to the Colgan pilots' active participation in the Association's ongoing work to enhance the professional futures of all ALPA pilots."

Capt. Mark Segaloff, one of the leaders of the Colgan Air Pilots ALPA Organizing Committee, added, "We thank all of our pilots who took the time to find out more about ALPA and to cast their vote in the election. Thanks as well to the many ALPA pilot volunteers who gave their efforts to the campaign. It is now our duty as Colgan pilots to take the unity we have built, along with ALPA's vast resources, and transfer that into negotiating a contract that we deserve."

Colgan Air operates as Continental Connection, United Express, and US Airways Express from numerous bases in the Northeast and Texas. Approximately 450 pilots fly the Bombardier Q400, Saab 340, and Beech 1900 for Colgan.

Founded in 1931, ALPA is the world's largest pilots union representing 53,000 pilots at 37 airlines in the United States and Canada.

SOURCE Air Line Pilots Association, International

Nice effort Mark and congrats to the Colgan pilots. On behalf of your Continental brothers, welcome aboard.

Hey, I heard there were some Pinnacle pilots over in Terminal E trying to take you jobs now that you're ALPA!

LOL!

Congratulations, guys.

In the words of Ice Cube (and I'm POSITIVE this is the first time I've ever quoted him).

Today Was a Good Day!!!

:nana2:Woo Hoo!!!:rawk:

Very excited to be an Air Line Pilots Association member!!!

Congrats.

And Mark, I gotta tell ya. I'm quite surprised you didn't drop an F-bomb at some point during your quote. Kudos.

I'd like to offer my thanks to all of the Colgan OC members of 07' and 08. Your perseverance, diligence, fortitude, and steadfast notions have overcome the mightiest of obstacles. You didn't stumble and fall after last years vote. You listened, learned, and applied your knowledge to help our pilot group better itself and to face this upcoming challenge. Your effort has come rewarded, and well deserved.

To those who were not Colgan OC members but helped in the plight: you efforts were not unnoticed and were much appreciated. We look forward to your insight and help as our OC members and pilot group forge a new direction. You gave your time for free without expectations of any return. We respect your time and help, and I personally hope to return the favor to another pilot group in need soon. Thank you.

What else can we say? Good job guys. You did what was right; not what was popular. Your efforts now show tangible results. You've done well and I appreciate it. Thank you

Congrats, guys. I woke up this morning half expecting to see a memo from Pinnacle management saying how disappointed they are that Colgan pilots have taken this road blah blah blah cost effectiveness blah blah blah growth blah blah blah new flying blah blah blah carrot dangled blah.

Curiously, it's been utter and complete silence from management over here. Wonder how things are going at the negotiating table right now, though. :)

Congrats, guys. I woke up this morning half expecting to see a memo from Pinnacle management saying how disappointed they are that Colgan pilots have taken this road blah blah blah cost effectiveness blah blah blah growth blah blah blah new flying blah blah blah carrot dangled blah.

Curiously, it's been utter and complete silence from management over here. Wonder how things are going at the negotiating table right now, though. :)

Management probably just stopped and did a double-take. With the possibility of one-carrier petitions, a unified front, an end to the misinformation campaign and coming accountability for management's treatment of pilots... they probably crapped themselves.

ABOUT TIME!

It was theirs before. I only apply my standards to guys who fly the same size equipment and undercut us.

Regional guys were always exempt.

Yet you have no problem taking a jumpseat on the carriers you are undercutting.

AA
CAL
DAL
SWA

Yet you have no problem taking a jumpseat on the carriers you are undercutting.

Let's see if you can follow, for the nth time. Its all about UNION cards. Those carriers are all unionized. All unions work together to raise the bar.

Non-union carriers like Allegiant and Virgin LOWER the bar.

Understand? Its pretty simple.

Let's see if you can follow, for the nth time. Its all about UNION cards. Those carriers are all unionized. All unions work together to raise the bar.

Non-union carriers like Allegiant and Virgin LOWER the bar.

Understand? Its pretty simple.

Easy fellas! Lets keep this a positive thread about the great step the Colgan pilots have taken!

Here's a photo from NMB headquarters....shortly after the results were tallied!

Attachments

• ALPA Win!.jpg
    ALPA Win!.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 164
Back