Colgan Rumor

Latest crew room gossip is there's supposed to be a big announcement on the 3rd.
I keep hearing either denver, or cali bases (lax/sfo) <-- that rumors been going on for months now

We all know how rumors are though....

It has been around for a while.

The only thing we can control is to vote for ALPA until December 17th!

Old rumor. A good rumor. But old.

I will say though...perfect timing for the ALPA Campaign though. I'm sure they'd get some people to sway their vote.

When I was in transition training, DB and BH came in and told us that the next 15 would go to COA, then the following 15-20 would go to UA in DEN/LAX. And DEN/LAX would be in the next 1.5-2years. This was four months ago. I think they're behind schedule.

I have to believe a rumor about an LAX base travels around EWR and ALB pretty well from about November through March. :p

Eh, I think that's just Pinnacle Holdings management. We've had the United rumor around here for years, and it started in the front office.....

I can see it all now...

Seggy #1 pilot and Qgar #1 F/A in LAX.

OMG!

HA! You want ME to live in LALA land? Everyone knows all the flakes live in that part of the world! :p ;)
No thanks, I'll pass. However, I wouldn't mind if the 10 FAs senior to me decide to move to warmer climates. :D

Weird same stuff going around IAH, but I think it will be wit CAL out of IAH. Just an opinon, SFO would be cool, just Cali in general then all the people will go to cali and leave good lines for me here in IAH. :nana2:

Eh, I think that's just Pinnacle Holdings management. We've had the United rumor around here for years, and it started in the front office.....

While I would love to have a -700 or -900 base in Denver, I don't see it as a possibility unless one of the current operators in there goes into Ch.11/7. The rumor always grows when the cloud intensifies over Mesa. I could see mgmt use all attempts to get the Q400's all over the various carriers. Growth with continental and expansion into the DL network and United/Airways is in the business mindset of mgmt. I could see that as positive for PNCL corp and only positive for both pilot groups as a whole if we are all dealt with on the same level. Less than 2 weeks til we know the deal on the pilot groups.

Weird same stuff going around IAH, but I think it will be wit CAL out of IAH. Just an opinon, SFO would be cool, just Cali in general then all the people will go to cali and leave good lines for me here in IAH. :nana2:

Yea, any west coast base would certainly cause a fight, and would go fairly senior. A few guys out of Dulles commute from the west coast.

I could see a west coast base for Colgan causing the Pinnacle guys to want that seniority list merger a little more. The line here has been "Do you really think a guy flying an RJ wants to go fly a Saab out of Houston, or a Q400 out of Newark?" Well the answer is no with a few exceptions. However "Do you really think a guy flying an RJ wants to go fly a Q out of LAX?" I bet you could find a ton of people over a 9E who would want it.

Back