please feel free to add more on the list. :D

I am firm believer of "Happy FA(s), Happy pilots". However, here is my list

1. PMS
2. Delays
3. No breaks(smoke or meal)
4. Full flight with few annoying or drinking(drunk) passengers
5. Do not want to fly with a particular crew member

How about an Ahole pilot who says stuff like #1? Of course, that would make you #5.

I'm not trying to be mean, but a good percentage of problems are caused by flight attendants. But of course, without them, we cannot transport passengers.

If I have a flight attendant that I find annoying I just don't talk to him/her other than safety briefs and required info. They never really ruin my day. A cockpit crew member that you don't get along with is a whole nother story.

I'm not trying to be mean, but a good percentage of problems are caused by flight attendants. But of course, without them, we cannot transport passengers.

Nah, I kinda have to agree here, Velo. Might be different at Alaska, but here, we have to take what we can get from the local "talent" pool in MEM.

And getting an FA that you mispronounce her name three times while doing the PA who dropped out of high school, finished her GED and is just doing the FA thing to help pay for beauty school can be rough. For those that think I just made that up....I didn't. That was an actual FA on an actual Pinnacle flight. A percentage of our FAs we have now are former gate agents, and they aren't the ones you WANTED to see working the gate when you walked up.....

I am firm believer of "Happy FA(s), Happy pilots". However, here is my list

1. PMS
2. Delays
3. No breaks(smoke or meal)
4. Full flight with few annoying or drinking(drunk) passengers
5. Do not want to fly with a particular crew member

Here is one (my girlfriend's schedule for Nov/Dec):
Rest of Nov. - Ready Reserve 26th and T-Giving Day, then 6AM reserve window for 3 days.
Dec.- 1 day reserve, 1 day off, 4 days reserve, 2 days ready reserve, 7 days off (not bid this way), 2 days reserve, 1 day off, 4 days reserve, 1 day off, Xmas Eve ready reserve, Xmas Day ready reserve, 2 days reserve, 1 day ready reserve, 1 day reserve, 1 day off, New Years Eve ready reserve!
That's enough to get anyone in a bad mood! I'm on COLA all month and I know she will want me at JFK on the holidays. YAY! Terminal 3 Christmas Dinner!

I find that a good spanking keeps our FA's in order. Qgar, you seen like a naughty FA in need of some discipline.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Velo, I'm friends with a few AS FAs and they are WAY better than many of the FAs I deal with here. I'm not saying it's always the case but when you consider the turnover rate in the 1st year is about 80% it makes a bit more sense.

Just treat them all like the ladies they are, until they give you a reason to not treat them as a lady.

I'm not going to compile a list or debate what qualities make them grumpy though.

I'm not trying to be mean, but a good percentage of problems are caused by flight attendants...
I flew with the same talent pool you did for nearly 5 years and I couldn't disagree with you more. The vast majority of the time our flight attendants made life substantially easier for me. SGU hires some of the best FA's in the industry (not just the regionals.)

Of course, like anything in life, you get out of a relationship with your flight attendants what you put into it. If a good percentage of your problems are FA related, you should probably examine how you treat them. Odds are good they consider the problems Captain-related.

When briefing the entire crew, one of my favorite captains once said, "We have one job, and three of us to do it." I agree.

Velo, I'm friends with a few AS FAs and they are WAY better than many of the FAs I deal with here. I'm not saying it's always the case but when you consider the turnover rate in the 1st year is about 80% it makes a bit more sense.

Well, you may have a point. My point is that pilots who think that grumpy F/As are caused by PMS OR that F/As are 90% of you problems need to take a look in the mirror.

Because, perhaps, that's what is causing the women to be grumpy in the first place. If you treat your F/As like gold, you'll get repaid in spades. If you treat them like crap, or worse yet, like they're your inferiors, don't expect much on the plane.

And expect to hear them slam/click on the layovers.

Pilots. We're our own worst enemies.

If you treat your F/As like gold, you'll get repaid in spades. If you treat them like crap, or worse yet, like they're your inferiors, don't expect much on the plane.

And expect to hear them slam/click on the layovers.

Pilots. We're our own worst enemies.

I agree completely.

And, I'll challenge F/As to treat the pilots in the same way you suggest too! At Eagle, for the most part the F/As & pilots got along pretty well. At AA, most of the F/As treated the pilots quite well. But there were a few exceptions.... Those few stuck their noses in the air whenever a pilot got near, wouldn't acknowledge them in the crew lounge or terminal, never shared leftovers, and then wondered why the pilots ignored them!

Mutual respect & working together. It's what makes the operation run smooth and makes everyones' day better.

I agree completely.

And, I'll challenge F/As to treat the pilots in the same way you suggest too! At Eagle, for the most part the F/As & pilots got along pretty well. At AA, most of the F/As treated the pilots quite well. But there were a few exceptions.... Those few stuck their noses in the air whenever a pilot got near, wouldn't acknowledge them in the crew lounge or terminal, never shared leftovers, and then wondered why the pilots ignored them!

Mutual respect & working together. It's what makes the operation run smooth and makes everyones' day better.

Absolutely, Amber! Nothing worse than being stuck with crewmembers who don't get along---and nothing better than being with ones who do!

It pisses me off when I see or hear of nice guys who get treated like crap just because they're wearing a pilot uniform. :rolleyes: I have to say, sometimes I'm embarrassed by that immature and totally inappropriate behavior. :banghead: If you're not into the "crew/team" mentality--perhaps this isn't the career for you. Of course, it cuts both ways and some guys just BEG to be treated poorly by FAs.

Thank God I get along with 99.99% of the Colgan pilots. It sure makes work a lot more fun (and productive.)!! ;)

Just treat them all like the ladies they are, until they give you a reason to not treat them as a lady.

I'm not going to compile a list or debate what qualities make them grumpy though.

Does this include the 40% of our FA's that are guys? Should I treat them like ladies too?

Back