Japan Airlines CEO

Now thats a good story. I'm sure that he could make the millions if he wanted to but he put his employees first, imagine that :rolleyes:. The CEO's here wouldn't dare do such a thing.

Too much greed amongst the Airline (and other big business) CEO's.........sad

Good for him! It's obvious that some executives "get it," while many do not. Honestly, I don't know how some CEO's sleep at night knowing how they've ruined tens of thousands of lives while they enjoy blood money. Shame on them. The only thing I wish on them is, "what goes around, comes around." :rolleyes:

It sounds like he is the one executive to walk the walk as well as talk the talk. The greedy bastages over here would do no such thing.

I've posted this atleast twice on here. Once in the Automakers thread in the lav and some other thread in here. :)

Time for some new laws, ya dig?

I've had enough.

Maybe I should go to work for JAL. I've always wanted to see Tokyo.

I think Southwest has it about right at 1 million. Good leaders deserve good compensation. It's the ones who tout "shared" sacrifice while enjoying multi-million dollar bonuses that I have issue with.

Well, a nice and noble story. However, society and culture difference.

I am wondering what regulation could or would do CEO's salary? :confused:

That's very encouraging. However, $90,000/yr is extremely low pay considering his responsibilities. On top of that, isn't Japan a really expensive place to live?

Well, a nice and noble story. However, society and culture difference.

I am wondering what regulation could or would do CEO's salary? :confused:

...yea, most of these things mentioned in the video are more cultural. Japanese businesses are largely a family environment. Japanese culture stresses the group over the individual.

Where as we in america prefer the individual over the group.

Also, lest it's changed Japanese business model is not to lay people off, typically when times are bad.

So, while I truly believe what i just viewed was totally admirable. I doubt it'd come back to the US. I know american business was like that in our mother and father generations. But, not so much now. I'ts all about self, greed and you vs. them!

Crappy business model.

Back