Favorite Layovers

USAIRWAYS

Well I'm an F/O for US (West) living in PHL, but based from PHX. I always like PHL so I can drive 10 minutes to my house and sleep in my bed. ANC is a neat expierience, but the hours aren't the best.

VPS/Fort Walton Beach, Fl.

Not really that exotic, but a beachfront hotel with a balcony view of the Gulf on a long layover is about as good as it gets for us RJ folk.

15+ hours SFO.

Stayed here
9546_b1.jpg

St. John's, NewFoundland
Monterey, CA
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Montreal, Quebec
Ottawa, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Savannah, GA
Sacramento, CA
Austin, TX

Probably a few others. Any layover can be great with a decent hotel and a fun crew!

BOS
CVG
EYW
MSP
MCO
FLL

Any southern beach city during the winter. Nothing like being able to escape the freezing weather for a day.

Since we don't have any layovers any further south than Greensboro, NC, where I can enjoy a bit of warmth, my favorite layovers don't have a 3 letter code. :(
My favorite layovers are the ones where I'm done for the day in the early afternoon after 3 legs, and I'm with a fun crew! :bandit: :)

Since we don't have any layovers any further south than Greensboro, NC, where I can enjoy a bit of warmth, my favorite layovers don't have a 3 letter code. :(
My favorite layovers are the ones where I'm done for the day in the early afternoon after 3 legs, and I'm with a fun crew! :bandit: :)

I heart 3 leg days. Those rock.

:nana2:

3 legs why work so hard. I like the 1 or 2 leg days.

Shhhh! Don't give away all the secrets. It's hard enough reserve proffering the juicy stuff as is.

Meanwhile, I've flown like 12 hours so far this month. Looks like I'll cap out for November at around 35 to 40 hours.

It's a hard life. :)

Quebec City - Real French flavor (as compared to Montreal). Food is generally good, great bakeries, good restaurant variety serving real food. US Junk food chains haven't infiltrated the downtown area to such a great extent. Great people watching, pretty girls with unique styles.

Washington DC- Metro can get you all over town quickly. Plenty of museums, monuments and gov't attractions to check out. Lot's of young professionals and college co-eds, they hang out at bars.

Leon/Guanajuato Mexico (BJX)- Beautiful city surrounded by colorful houses along the mountains. Interesting underground network of streets to aleviate the traffic above ground. Nice plaza surrounded by restaurants to sit and watch either live music from within the plaza or the people passing by.

Providence RI - Cool downtown area, seems like a miniature Boston. Some college influence (Brown).

Savannah- Head down to the river for a few adult beverages. Interesting history, mild climate in the winter are all a plus.

Downtown Toronto and Ottawa - One could go on and on about the things in Toronto. There's no lack of things to do in Canada's largest city. Ottawa has a good bar scene as well as beautiful buildings to check out.

Really enjoyed PIT. We stayed at the Hyatt Place which was a super nice hotel. The rooms were huge and comfy with a nice TV and free internet. Additionally we were right across from a movie theatre and shopping center. I just want an overnight with someplace to go to grab drinks or some kind of entertainment.

That and free internet are a must. My least fav was CLT due to a lack of free internet.

PHL was kinda cool since we stayed at the hotel in the same parking lot as the baseball and football stadiums. My first overnight on IOE I learned why that can be a bad thing since somebody pulled the fire alarm at like 2am and I had to sit outside for an hour while the fire department cleared the building. Apparently they caught the guy and it was some drunk teenager who most likely had been at the game. Back in my college days I would have stayed inside and covered my head with my pillow until the noise went away but this fire alarm was loud enough to do ear damage even with my head covered.

MSY - The hotel sucks, but it's right down the street from the best seafood place I've managed to find. Everything is fresh-caught, and lots of good cajun flavor. On the long layovers we can venture down to Bourbon Street.

DCA - Don't know why, but I just like DC. All the museums, the Mall, Capital Hill, etc...

DTW - I hate the city with a passion, but I have a bunch of friends there that still work at Pinnacle, so it's always fun to stop in and have a few drinks with them.

None anymore...sitting here bored on a 23 hour DFW layover. I would much rather be home every night.

Chris
AA MD80 CA

Back