Comair's last undelivered -900 going to Mesaba

I'm afraid that was a little brief for my understanding. Are you saying that we should not be getting snapbacks or we should have never taken concessions to begin with?

In my opinion based on the info I read, it probably would have been helpful to not take concessions to begin with.

In my opinion based on the info I read, it probably would have been helpful to not take concessions to begin with.

Bankruptcy courts made it so they didn't really have a choice. They couldn't strike, yet management was more or less free to force whatever terms they wanted on the pilot group. At least, that's how my hazy memory remembers it going down.

Well good luck getting a strike going 4 years ago.
Anyway, you're right. They did a good job in my opinion. Then again I came from Colgan where the pay is lower across the board and no perdiem (unless ur on the Q).

Join the club.

New contract rate, Date of sign +2 (DOS+2) plus 2.5% increase across the board + 1.5% increase above contract (for recovery). 4% total. This is due to the number of jets we have above the 49+12 (49+36 or 49+49 depending if your counting the 50 seaters).

I just said it all and I don't understand it either.

December 1st= we're rich beeatch!

Oh Yeah!!!.........:D ......Um probably not though...........

As Steve just said... they had no choice.

Read up on 1113c of the bankruptcy code, or get the cliff notes version the United AFA put out here.

What is frustrating is that I guess we as pilots sometimes only see the short term gains for ourselves rather than long term gains for the entire profession. I just wonder if pilots at Comair feel that we are supporting them, when years ago they opted to take a stand and now a large group of their pilots are losing their jobs over "cost".

Bob this might be a little far out, but at some point everyone has a choice, pilots included. Let's say for example, no pilot ever applied at Freedom. Or how about 810 resignation letters when Mr. Waterskier wanted to start another alter ego carrier. Have some type of provision in the letter that states, these all become effective in 17 days. Mr. Waterskier you have 3 days to negotiate with us to short this out.

Granted these things are a lot easier to say when typing from a keyboard. I just wish we as pilots would sometimes think outside the box instead of like lawyers. Interesting link to the bankruptcy code. Do you think airline managements have been following it to the T, or is it up for interpretation?

Strikes have strike pay. I think you are refering to a wildcat strike (as I've heard it called). Few can live without a paycheck
I'm single, I'm fine with it as long as my co-worker does too. But I can't speak for pilots with families.

I'm looking at the payscale at Mesaba, and wondering how can anyone live or support a family with that payscale. Talk about a pilot living in the ghetto. Seems likely working for Mesaba. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but we pilots work hard for nothing it seems like.
See in '04 Mesaba signed an industry leading contract, but you probably weren't yet in the industry. We were supposed to get 35 CRJ 200's but they weren't to 9E(sound like a familiar game?) NWA went into bankruptcy and took us with them. They bought us and are building us back. It's the Express I(Pinnacle) plan. Instead of think what regionals are sweet based on APC forums do some research. None of these planes our ours or yours.They are Delta's. We are all subcontractors in the regional industry. Please do more research. Almost all the contracts are on the ALPA and Teamsters websites. If you don't understand something ask.

-Mesaba*-- Comair-- ASA --Republic--Eagle ---Mesaba'10
yr -70 50----70 50----70 50----70 50----70 50----70 50
3 -63 59----62 59----65 62----66 63----68 65----70 66
5 -66 62----66 63----69 66----70 67----73 69----74 70
10 77 72----78 73----81 77----82 78----83 79----86 80
15 91 84----91 85----95 89----95 91----95 91---102 94

* Mesaba is currently on a concessionary contract rates increase 4% every December 1st through 2010. Plus we have great soft pay and QOL in the contract as well. Yeah ghetto here we come!:rolleyes:

Sorry, guess I am feeling really stupid today. So we take the DOS + 2 charts in LOA 23 and add 4% and that would be our new payrates come December 1st? Or is the DOS +2 chart the payrates come December? I guess I am guilty of not fully reading everything in our contract.

I thought you were leaving DTW
1/1/09!!!

In case you were wondering the 30-34 seat turbo prop scales as well.
yr---Mesaba---Eagle---SkyWest---Colgan---Mesaba'10
03---48--------47------48---------43-------52
05---52--------51------51---------46-------56
10---60--------62------58---------54-------65
15---65--------70------67---------61-------71

Sorry, guess I am feeling really stupid today. So we take the DOS + 2 charts in LOA 23 and add 4% and that would be our new payrates come December 1st? Or is the DOS +2 chart the payrates come December? I guess I am guilty of not fully reading everything in our contract.
Hell if I know how to read the thing.
My plan is just to look at the paycheck dec 1st and see if I can make the math work.

Keep in mind we work under the RLA. TSA guys could NOT have said "We resign in 17 days." The RLA calls that a "change in the status quo," which is required to be maintained in negotiations. So, if the TSA boys and girls had said that, there probably would have been jail time for the union leaders since it would have been an organized ordeal. You don't have 800+ spontaneously say "Take this job and shove it."

There's a lot of things that airline pilots' hands are simply tied on thanks to an outdated piece of legislation.

See in '04 Mesaba signed an industry leading contract, but you probably weren't yet in the industry. We were supposed to get 35 CRJ 200's but they weren't to 9E(sound like a familiar game?) NWA went into bankruptcy and took us with them. They bought us and are building us back. It's the Express I(Pinnacle) plan. Instead of think what regionals are sweet based on APC forums do some research. None of these planes our ours or yours.They are Delta's. We are all subcontractors in the regional industry. Please do more research. Almost all the contracts are on the ALPA and Teamsters websites. If you don't understand something ask.

-Mesaba*-- Comair-- ASA --Republic--Eagle ---Mesaba'10
yr -70 50----70 50----70 50----70 50----70 50----70 50
3 -63 59----62 59----65 62----66 63----68 65----70 66
5 -66 62----66 63----69 66----70 67----73 69----74 70
10 77 72----78 73----81 77----82 78----83 79----86 80
15 91 84----91 85----95 89----95 91----95 91---102 94

* Mesaba is currently on a concessionary contract rates increase 4% every December 1st through 2010. Plus we have great soft pay and QOL in the contract as well. Yeah ghetto here we come!:rolleyes:

Yeah I was in the industry and Mesaba still wasn't on my list of who to fly for. Sorry to twirk your horns.

Considering that Mesaba has done such a wonderful job for DAL...It makes since that they'd give it to them. :sarcasm: WTF.

Considering that Mesaba has done such a wonderful job for DAL...It makes since that they'd give it to them. :sarcasm: WTF.

Basing it on their cost/performance under NWA. We're constantly reminded over here about how we can easily be beat into non-existence by any DCI or Airlink carrier.

Here's the latest juicy tidbit I've learned. Delta is going to start making DCI carriers pay for their own fuel. I don't know if that includes the three w/o carriers. This was from Ed Bastain's meeting with NWA pilots and I confirmed the same from friend at DCI.

Here's the latest juicy tidbit I've learned. Delta is going to start making DCI carriers pay for their own fuel. I don't know if that includes the three w/o carriers. This was from Ed Bastain's meeting with NWA pilots and I confirmed the same from friend at DCI.

No offense, but it's about time.

Back