NJC Location Poll

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
This is not an Official JC poll, so allow me if you will to take my moderator hat off for a bit.

There is talk happening about now about the location for NJC '09 and beyond.

No need to answer here, I will attempt to move the poll into the other thread. In order to alleviate any worries about people seeing your vote, it will be 'private' if you will.

EDIT>>>>>

The poll is private, so please only vote as you truly feel. It would be intertesting if people provided reasoning behind the 4th and 5th options, but I understand if you choose not to. By provididing some reasoning, it would help in the planning of future events. I know that Doug, Kristie, & all others involved will do whatever is possible to make it more appealing to a greater audience.

If we can make it, we will go - but cost is a LARGE factor for us especially since we're going to be having a bunch of student loans soon and only one income, so while DC might be closer to Detroit, Vegas is cheaper to get to and the hotels and whatnot are generally cheaper as well

This is not an Official JC poll, so allow me if you will to take my moderator hat off for a bit.

There is talk happening about now about the location for NJC '09 and beyond.

No need to answer here, I will attempt to move the poll into the other thread. In order to alleviate any worries about people seeing your vote, it will be 'private' if you will.
Jim, I would be interested to know who, of those who have attended previously, would not attend. I see there is one never will attend and I wonder if they have been to one, or just don't care to meet people from the internets. If someone had attended in the past and would never attend again, I would be curious why, and what we could change to make it more appealing, or otherwise valuable to him/her.

If it's not in Vegas, it's just not going to be as much fun for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging with you folks. Hell, I had fun in suburban Detroit with Segs, Slutluka, Sarah, John, Em, Lloyd, Dough, and Kristie.

But there's just a little something about Vegas that makes it extra special.

Let's put it this way. If we move the location, NJC will go from a make sure I put in for vacation when it's happening event to a well, if I'm off when it happens, I'll go event.

I liked Vegas. It was tackier than I expected, and the hotel was a dump, but I loved it. It was relatively inexpensive, and there was always something going on at any hour of the day. I would imagine Seattle, San Diego, or D.C. would be much more expensive. Orlando and New Orleans would be fun, reasonably priced cities.
To answer your question, if the cost could be kept down, the location doesn't matter, I would make an effort to attend NJC again, after all I was there to meet the people on this site, not gamble, drink, or party (although I did some of that:D).

If it moves from Vegas, then I'll probably bid to trade my vacation to a different week. I want to meet everybody, but I'm not willing to spend one of only 2 vacation weeks to go to DC or some other city. Vegas I'll do, because I absolutely love Vegas, but that's about it. If I still happened to get the days off for another city without having to use my vacation, then I might still go.

For the general demographic of this group, the lower cost of hotels in LAS make it the prime choice. Personally, I'll try to come where ever you hold it.

I agree, Vegas was magical in a tacky sort of way, and (even if I didn't win enough to cover expenses) very low-cost. Plus, I didn't have to flirt with anyone to get free drinks - the cocktail lady just kept bringing them!

I know I would vote for Las Vegas again as it is a relatively cheap place to fly into. I would vote for a little more upscale hotel the next time though!

I kind of agree with the keep it Vegas crowd. It comes down to it being part of my vacation days for me. It's been proven time and time again that I'd have a good time in Antartica with a good JC crowd, but Vegas just adds that extra little something to it for me.

The biggest challenge in coordinating this event will probably be having a good social setting while also having a professional aspect to it from here on out. There needs to be a fine balance between the two.

I enjoyed Vegas...Lots to do and see and relatively cheap. I don't enjoy long flights, so in that regard, DC would make me happier. That being said, I'll be there no matter where it's held! :)

Keep it with Vegas. Even at once a year, the venue doesn't get 'old'... and I'm sure it makes running it from behind the scenes much easier as the years go by.

Personally, I like the Vegas location. Although, I plan to attend regardless of location.....but I think we will get most bang for the buck in Vegas.

Besides, lots of flights daily makes it a bit more non-rev friendly than many locations.

With the exception of an incident at O'Shays, Vegas was great.

If I can find a way to make it to NJC next year, I will for sure be there. NJC was awesome... even if you move it I'd still try to make it.

again... non-revving to orlando is not possible at any time of the year...therefore it would cut our numbers drastically and that's not something we can do.

Orlando is a great place to have an unoffical and yet large M&G :)

This year, it looks like it's between DC and Vegas.

Ahh ok, just thought I'd throw it out there. NYC would be a suggestion as well (not sure if it has been mentioned), non-revving shouldn't really be a problem, especially during the off season. There is a lot to do, one of the downfalls would be just the hotel prices.

With the exception of an incident at O'Shays, Vegas was great.

If I can find a way to make it to NJC next year, I will for sure be there. NJC was awesome... even if you move it I'd still try to make it.

Everyone has an incident at Osheas. Thats my place. I wonder if Santo was your bartender. :)

Back