So I was jumpseating on SWA Yesterday...

KLB

....and I went up front to greet the Captain and FO. Guess who's also up front? Herb Kelleher!:)

Yep. I got the opportunity to introduce myself to him (in my best impression of Mushmouth). He's a really nice guy. Later in the flight he picked up a basket of snacks in the galley and handed them out to the passengers. That was class act! He came by several times making small talk and remembered my name.

Ands thats the reason I always keep my uniform super tidy. It doesn't matter if I'm working, jumpseating, speaking in front of group of kids, or whatever. You never know who you'll run into or who's watching.

One of the things that I was going to bring up at the NJC roundtable was about dressing for the job you want rather than the job you have to the best of your abilities.

Dude! That's awesome! :rawk:

I've never formally met him, but seen him speak in some small forums and I agree - he (seems) like a really good guy. I like that he lives his beliefs in life and business.

OOooohhhh you need to get your resume in!! or send him a letter thanking him for the opportunity to get to know him (that way, he'll remember your name in writing too) :D

....and I went up front to greet the Captain and FO. Guess who's also up front? Herb Kelleher!:)

Yep. I got the opportunity to introduce myself to him (in my best impression of Mushmouth). He's a really nice guy. Later in the flight he picked up a basket of snacks in the galley and handed them out to the passengers. That was class act! He came by several times making small talk and remembered my name.

Ands thats the reason I always keep my uniform super tidy. It doesn't matter if I'm working, jumpseating, speaking in front of group of kids, or whatever. You never know who you'll run into or who's watching.

One of the things that I was going to bring up at the NJC roundtable was about dressing for the job you want rather than the job you have to the best of your abilities.

haha, you had better get that resume in!

But Kelvin, I do dress for the job I want - I want to be Jimmy Buffett! :p

Sounds like a cool experience!

I find it difficult to imagine Herb looking sideways at you because your polyester slacks aren't pressed or your pilotstache isn't properly groomed. Nevertheless, cool experience.

.... You never know who you'll run into or who's watching.

While boarding in DEN last Sunday, last day of a 3-day, last leg of the penalty lap, all I was thinking about was treating the flight like a hotel fire and flying at commuter speed to get home. Next thing I know everyone is in a tizzy because Richard Anderson was onboard. I guess it's a good thing I had changed my shirt that morning. Anyway, he was very laid back, liked the landing, and hung around taking pictures with all the employees.

Bill saw "MacGyver" in the crew lounge a month or so ago in ATL. Bill didn't talk to him, but R.A. was making the rounds and talking with a few of the other pilots there.

It's nice to see he is still taking a positive active role in flight operations over there. Can't knock him for that, or anyone really.

It's nice to see he is still taking a positive active role in flight operations over there. Can't knock him for that, or anyone really.

I wonder if Tilton kicks it with his employees. They seem to like him pretty well.

RA actually wouldn't take a seat in first until all the medallion members had been upgraded. FWIW, so far he has impressed me with ability to run the company and after the past few nimrods we had, that's a refreshing feeling.

RA actually wouldn't take a seat in first until all the medallion members had been upgraded. FWIW, so far he has impressed me with ability to run the company and after the past few nimrods we had, that's a refreshing feeling.

Nice!

I was told by a UA guy commuting home today that Tilton recently was going to MCO (a Ted city) and actually had the single-class A320 replaced with a 757 because he and his woman had to have first class. Stay classy, UAL!

Nice!

I was told by a UA guy commuting home today that Tilton recently was going to MCO (a Ted city) and actually had the single-class A320 replaced with a 757 because he and his woman had to have first class. Stay classy, UAL!

Wow! That just makes good solid business sense! :sarcasm:

My impression of every SWA crew I jumpseated with:

A very bored, very nice, yet very nicely compensated flight crew.

Every time. Nicest guys. Bored out of their minds, but the nicest guys.

My impression of every SWA crew I jumpseated with:

A very bored, very nice, yet very nicely compensated flight crew.

Every time. Nicest guys. Bored out of their minds, but the nicest guys.

From my far too extensive experience with being excited in an airplane, I'll take bored. I've got plenty of exciting stuff to do on the ground. Who wants to walk my resume in? :)

Dude who cares who was the F/A's? My name is to never be brought up on SWA flights lol!! And if it does im in CYOW for the week haha!!

Awsome man when you going to be back in town?

Dude who cares who was the F/A's? My name is to never be brought up on SWA flights lol!! And if it does im in CYOW for the week haha!!

Awsome man when you going to be back in town?

No ones asked about you yet. I'd taken note of never bringing your name up! Did you take all of that stuff off of your computer like I told you to?:)

Back