So I was jumpseating on SWA Yesterday...

Ands thats the reason I always keep my uniform super tidy.

And your attitude, you never know who's watching. I had one good flight when I was flying the beech and as I was standing at the bottom of the stairs saying goodbye to the folks, one Netjets CA that I had met from a previous flight the day before, for whatever reason he remembered me. Told me I did a good job, gave me his card and told me to call when you reach the mins. Probably a long shot but I still have his card.

Kelleher is a personal hero of mine. He created a personality cult at SWA that lives on even after he stepped down.

My ex-wife did some contract work at SWA Corporate for a while and she told me some stories about what life was like there every day. Made me want to take a paycut and beg and plead for a telecom job there. Seriously.

In the book "Nuts" they tell a story about Kelleher settling a lawsuit over an arm wrestling match. I can't remember the specifics, but there is a giant picture of it on a wall at the office.

My impression of every SWA crew I jumpseated with:

A very bored, very nice, yet very nicely compensated flight crew.

Every time. Nicest guys. Bored out of their minds, but the nicest guys.

What makes them appear more bored compared to crews at other airlines?

:yeahthat:That is cool. Somehow I wish other airlines treated their employees better and were like herb, the industry would be a little bit more better.

Just a dream!:bandit:

Back