Rumors abound at CJC!!!

sherpa

The latest is that PNCL is going to lose their 50 seat flying after DAL/NWA merger. Then they will come take all of the old Colgan flying for themselves. AND of course if we vote in ALPA it will make it that much easier for big bad PNCL ALPA to tkr jebs!

Confirm or deny?

The latest is that PNCL is going to lose their 50 seat flying after DAL/NWA merger. Then they will come take all of the old Colgan flying for themselves. AND of course if we vote in ALPA it will make it that much easier for big bad PNCL ALPA to tkr jebs!

Confirm or deny?

What a lame ass rumor.

MERGE THE LISTS NOW!!!!

That's a totally ridiculous rumor. Seriously.

Especially considering that PNCL just reaffirmed their flying with DAL, let alone NWA.

Oy. Vote 'yes', get a say in the matter, then get on with it.

Don't drink the Kool-aid. :)

The latest is that PNCL is going to lose their 50 seat flying after DAL/NWA merger.

That would be one hell of a court battle that the "new" Delta would have to fight, since PCL's Air Service Agreement with NWA for the 50-seat flying runs through 2017 and has merger/buyout protections included. In other words, don't trust that rumor.

Then they will come take all of the old Colgan flying for themselves. AND of course if we vote in ALPA it will make it that much easier for big bad PNCL ALPA to tkr jebs!

If Phildo and Buddy-f---er start transferring flying to anyone, it won't be to the Pinnacle pilots. Phildo's wet dream for years has been to transfer flying to a non-union subsidiary so he doesn't have to deal with ALPA anymore. If the 50-seat flying suddenly disappeared, then don't expect Phildo to help out ALPA by transferring your current flying to the PCL guys.

Don't trust rumors, especially during union election time. Management will get their loyal little slaves to start planting seeds of doubt out there on the line with crazy rumors meant to scare people into not voting for ALPA. Don't fall for it.

Just vote yes guys. Rumors are too dangerous at this point. Things should be better this time, the number of guys who think they are gonna be "in and out" should have shrunk quite a bit. That plus vets who saw CJC lose it last time... I'd say the smart money is on ALPA at CJC soon.

Good luck.

Sounds like a management rumor started to scare guys into not voting for ALPA. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

Like Todd said, if we lost the 50 seat flying, they wouldn't transfer your stuff to us. They'd just close up shop on Pinnacle Inc, write off the loss and collect a bonus at the end of the year.

Confirm or deny?

Very Funny Mr. Sherpa. Crashpad tomorrow night or still doing standups?

For those of you that want a real rumor....

CJC is currently shopping for a new crew scheduling software. They dont like the fact that crew members have to call in for so much stuff. They want a system where trip-trades and things are able to be done at home automatically.

CJC is currently shopping for a new crew scheduling software. They dont like the fact that crew members have to call in for so much stuff. They want a system where trip-trades and things are able to be done at home automatically.

Starting that rumor cause so many schedulers are quitting? trying to keep people around are they?

" . " will not change. Even when told to do diffrently, . does not... Good luck switching the software on her.

Funny rumor i hear is that a few Q CA's are bidding back to the saab... guess it ain't so hot once you get your hands on it.

Starting that rumor cause so many schedulers are quitting? trying to keep people around are they?

" . " will not change. Even when told to do diffrently, . does not... Good luck switching the software on her.

Funny rumor i hear is that a few Q CA's are bidding back to the saab... guess it ain't so hot once you get your hands on it.

Well the part about them looking for new software is true. Probably just an upgrade to the current crew trac. I have heard folks from other airlines that had the same Sabre system say that our version seems like the free one that Sabre hands out compared to what they had. One guy flew for Eagle and said that Eagles version of crewtrac allowed you to have 2 screens, one with your original schedule as it was made prior to the beginning of the month, and one with your schedule currently, which made getting the correct amount of credits easier. Also their version of crew trac allows certain things to automatically be added on top of their guarantee, even if they dont go over guarantee. JRM, Draft Pay, etc..

And also, not too many schedulers are quitting currently. Considering no previous training is required, and nothing more than being able to #### people as a skill (I should know..) $14 an hour / 4 on 4 off / and 160 hours a month aint bad.

Prolly more base issues than anything else.

Well the part about them looking for new software is true. Probably just an upgrade to the current crew trac. I have heard folks from other airlines that had the same Sabre system say that our version seems like the free one that Sabre hands out compared to what they had. One guy flew for Eagle and said that Eagles version of crewtrac allowed you to have 2 screens, one with your original schedule as it was made prior to the beginning of the month, and one with your schedule currently, which made getting the correct amount of credits easier. Also their version of crew trac allows certain things to automatically be added on top of their guarantee, even if they dont go over guarantee. JRM, Draft Pay, etc..

And also, not too many schedulers are quitting currently. Considering no previous training is required, and nothing more than being able to #### people as a skill (I should know..) $14 an hour / 4 on 4 off / and 160 hours a month aint bad.

to add on to it, I had heard from Sched mgr that they have a new software in the works, but it will take about 6 months to get everyone trained on it. I forgot the name, but it was diff from crewtrac. It was a PBS type, where we could bid, then do add/drop, and re-bid again like more mainline companies. It sounds a lot more promising that what we have now, and a lot more labor friendly to the scheduling folks. Him and I were just shooting the bull for 2 hrs the other day at IAD, and he brought it up out of the blue. I hope it's true

Are you kidding? PCL ALPA has wanted such a thing for years, but management (Buddy-F---er included) claimed that it was too expensive. I hope they give it to you. That will give the PCL CNC some great ammo to use at the bargaining table when Phildo's minions claim they can't afford it.

Are you kidding? PCL ALPA has wanted such a thing for years, but management (Buddy-F---er included) claimed that it was too expensive. I hope they give it to you. That will give the PCL CNC some great ammo to use at the bargaining table when Phildo's minions claim they can't afford it.

Oh, they added a "trip trade" option on the company web site. Now you just get an automated "Denied due to staffing" reply instead of PCL having to pay a scheduler to do it. :)

They just restructured our crew scheduling over here. Now we have "crew recovery." You only call crew scheduling for past or future events. Crew recovery deals with events happening today. I can't wait to see all the buck passing that's gonna go on now over in SOC.

That Eagle version of CrewTrac would never make it over here. Lets us see way too much of how badly our schedules get screwed over. With the automatic adding things on top of guarantee, that would eliminate the $$$ they save every month of things slipping by unnoticed.

Crew recovery? Doesn't that sort of imply that the operation is always screwed up and needs "recovering?" Wait, never mind. That would be a completely accurate description of PCL's day to day operations.

Just remember for the Colgan folks. Even thought it seems it is AWESOME that the company wants to make improvements in the way our schedules are worked out. It is imperative that we as a pilot group control how these improvements are implemented through ALPA.

If we don't then the improvements will be made to suit the companies needs, not ours as pilots.

With regards to the title of this thread, of course there are many rumors abounding right now. We are at a crossroads in this company and many mis-truths, half-lies, and conjectures are being spread around by the pilot group and management alike. Please just make sure we all look at the facts and the "current reality" as opposed to how things "might" be in the future. Remember, CJC managment has had the last 14 months to make meaningful changes, and has just now started promising changes (funny how that works). One of the best, and probably most overlooked, benefits to being in a union is the open communication that can be facilitated throughout the entire pilot group so we can ALL get the correct information.

As to the rumor of a new scheduling software, I was at the "scheduling meeting" (aka anti-union propaganda) with HM, DC, and "Jackie". HM said directly that they have several RFP's (Request for Proposals) out. Now a RFP is basically a letter sent to manufactures that asks what they can offer. It is just a shopping list, and by no means indicates that the company will actually change the software. It is a very easy way to APPEAR that they are looking into change, without ACTUALLY changing. As always, I'll believe it when I see it.

Back