Lawsuit filed against B6/NK

I'd imagine this scenario playing out is the one the Big 4 preferred vs a stronger 5th carrier in the market. Government doing the dirty work for them!

Yup. But some old judge saved the consumers and protected ULCC fares!

Meanwhile, prices in LAX about to rocket up…

I'd imagine this scenario playing out is the one the Big 4 preferred vs a stronger 5th carrier in the market. Government doing the dirty work for them!

Somehow this makes me believe that we are still somewhat early in the 2nd Act of "airlines are just like the trains" version in this real life Atlas Shrugged Ride that we are stuck on. Except there is no magic man that's gonna move to Colorado, take all his capitalist buddies, mine iron with his bare hands, and sell it to his fudal-lord-like S.O. who is somehow building a railroad down the street while the world burns.

1710892589388.png

I'd imagine the end result of this is that we aren't gonna retire in our current color shirts.

Well, looks like he was right.

My next question:

How does an outsider get to know information one day before its official release?

IMHO… Marketing, interns, comms folks, EAs, etc etc… can’t keep a secret. They feed the trolls.

If you want to don the tinfoil hat… maybe the official comms folks will even leak stuff to the blogger class (that was non-NDA in the a first place) so they can then bring them ‘Inside’ in an effort to be able to feed them more positive spin stories in the future when they need to flood the socials for whatever reason.

More color on this basically is about how journalism has changed over the last 15ish years. From well vetted multiple sources to single source stories and how the news is aggregated up the chain of legitimacy. From blogging to sketch aggregators to cable and 3rd party biased news sites to legacy news sources.

Being able to control certain news at the lowest levels can stop certain stories before they work their way up the ladder. When it actually matters.

(This is all theoretical, of course, who knows how it happens…)

IMHO… Marketing, interns, comms folks, EAs, etc etc… can’t keep a secret. They feed the trolls.

If you want to don the tinfoil hat… maybe the official comms folks will even leak stuff to the blogger class (that was non-NDA in the a first place) so they can then bring them ‘Inside’ in an effort to be able to feed them more positive spin stories in the future when they need to flood the socials for whatever reason.

Can’t this lead to insider trading? If one gets bad news info ahead of time, and short the stock? Or vice versa.

Any info that you or I get through the normal course of work (ie company emails, announcements) is not insider info. Same for all of that “not covered” info that’s being discussed and shared up in HQ.

IMHO.

Maybe someone with more of a legal background like @jtrain609 can throw down. My training is on the propaganda side of things.

Government: We keep Spirit around to keep fares low! LET THE POORS FLY!

Also Government: We must stop airlines from charging fees for things!

Government: We keep Spirit around to keep fares low! LET THE POORS FLY!

Also Government: We must stop airlines from charging fees for things!

Between this and now the rumors flying around about B6 getting acquired, it'll be quite interesting to see if there is....consistency...from the DOJ....

Deregulation. Except, no wait, we will still regulate what you can charge for fares and fees!

Airlines seem to be taxed worse than cigarettes. Airline fares is the portion that gets taxed hard. The ancillary revenue model was a side step move. Seats, bags, etc, that stuff isn't subject to taxes like the actual government taxes/surcharges on the fare ticket itself. I mean, right?

What is the government hoping to hear? Fact remains that adjusted for inflation, it is still pretty cheap today to fly across the country.

Deregulation. Except, no wait, we will still regulate what you can charge for fares and fees!

Airlines seem to be taxed worse than cigarettes. Airline fares is the portion that gets taxed hard. The ancillary revenue model was a side step move. Seats, bags, etc, that stuff isn't subject to taxes like the actual government taxes/surcharges on the fare ticket itself. I mean, right?

What is the government hoping to hear? Fact remains that adjusted for inflation, it is still pretty cheap today to fly across the country.
Airlines are always an easy target to make people feel like politicians are "doing something!". Everyone hates the airlines and thinks theyre charging to much. Just like most people feel about phone companies.

Airlines are always an easy target to make people feel like politicians are "doing something!". Everyone hates the airlines and thinks theyre charging to much. Just like most people feel about phone companies.

Passengers hate the airlines. Airlines, in turn, hate labor, labor (mostly secretly) hate the passengers.

Circle of life.

It's weird. People honestly expect me to fly around a 1/2 billion dollar aircraft, all first-class service, between Fresno and Omaha for $50.

Do you really feel "JonNYC" has the scoop on the fleet plan? Come on man, MALARKY!

There isn't a journalist alive who would consider Leff an actual journalist.

Now this Leff guy is claiming even more jetBlut cuts are coming, after these LAX cuts:

Back