Lawsuit filed against B6/NK

Meh they sued to stop usairways and AA and that still went through. Not *terribly* worried. Also helps that spirit hasn’t turned a profit since before COVID so if I was JB I’d take the approach of “well we can buy them or they can go under, either way it’s one less ulcc.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh they sued to stop usairways and AA and that still went through. Not *terribly* worried. Also helps that spirit hasn’t turned a profit since before COVID so if I was JB I’d take the approach of “well we can buy them or they can go under, either way it’s one less ulcc.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok I didn’t realize AA and US got sued. I read an article that said no airline merger had been sued in 20 years.

It won’t stop it, but it’s ridiculous that they even try. This is nothing but good for consumers.
That’s my thought. Why does the government get to decide your level of success as a company in the future. Amazon is allowed to own the entire world and put countless stores out of business but they want to block the “5th” largest airline forming to make sure people have options? GMAFB
If anything a larger JetBlue is good for the consumer because it’s another good domestic product that the big four have to compete on prices with.

Last edited:
That’s my thought. Why does the government get to decide your level of success as a company in the future. Amazon is allowed to own the entire world and put countless stores out of business but they want to block the “5th” largest airline forming to make sure people have options? GMAFB
If anything a larger JetBlue is good for the consumer because it’s another good domestic product that the big four have to compete on prices with.

It is absurd how many outright monopolies we have in this economy but when it comes to aviation, DOJ is all over it. Same way running a QRH for a compressor hiccup ends up on CNN. Aviation is just too sexy to ignore I guess.

A larger JetBlue will obliterate the Florida market. I think some of that is going to be given away in the merger.

This is political theater.

I expect the DOJ won't try that hard on it. But they need to look like they're "doing something." And this is something. So it must be done.
And it's a vicious circle with media influence input. Socio-political heterodyning.

it's political theater in that they had to do it, regardless if it's necessary

but as a former F9'er I guarantee Biffle and his orgy of accountants have a plan to buy spirit for pennies compared to the billions previously offered.

but as a former F9'er I guarantee Biffle and his orgy of accountants have a plan to buy spirit for pennies compared to the billions previously offered.
What makes you think the DOJ would allow frontier to go through if JetBlue gets denied?

What makes you think the DOJ would allow frontier to go through if JetBlue gets denied?
because JB+NK are a bigger east cost threat to the big 3 than an F9+NK merger...(FTR, this is not my opinion, I'm merely regurgitating smarter peoples opinions)

But if spirit can’t merge with JB why would they allow them to merge with f9? Either way * technically* they would be eliminating a ULCC.

Back